Thread: Insurance disclosure after accident - please advise

Default Insurance disclosure after accident - please advise

Hello,

I have a multicar insurance policy with Admiral. My wife had an accident on the car in which I was the main policy holder.

I have been advised by Admiral that:

- There is no impact on my NCB as it was protected. It will have a strike against it.
    - There is no impact on my Wife's NCB as the accident did not happen on the vehicle in which she was the main policy holder.
    - Going forward, my and I (both) will have to make a disclosure about this accident in future whenever we buy car insurance for the next 3 years.
    - In my disclosure, I will have to state that it was the secondary driver who had the accident.

Is the above correct? I don't want to financially suffer for an accident that I did not do.

Many thanks in advance.

A typical proposal form asks for "any accidents thefts or losses (irrespective of blame or whether a claim resulted) which you or any other person who will drive have been involved in within the past 5 years."

So yes, it seems correct.

Looks like the downside of multi car insurance.

Thank you. It is rather disappointing that even though one person was involved in the accident, 2 people will have to make the disclosure going forward.