Thread: Breakdown

Hybrid View

Default Breakdown

Very impressed by your member of staff that came to my rescue. I was advised that I could buy a new battery elsewhere cheaper. But when you are stranded, you don't have much choice. Disappointed to find out that I could get one elsewhere with a five year guarantee for under 50, but I was charged 84.95. Also very disappointed by waiting 1 & 1/4 hours, despite being alone & no heating in the car. I was froze. Your staff member I couldn't fault. Thorough, helpful & a asset to your Company.

Welcome to the site Igbrooks, glad you were happy with the outcome of your breakdown. That subject of the cost of a battery has already been discussed on here, and you are not alone in your opinion.Yet others have posted, as did you, that they felt cornered into buying it due to being broken down. I personally haven't had to buy a replacement car battery, but when you consider that you do get a five year guarantee with it, and that it was fitted for you in situ as it were! it's not all that bad a deal really, good luck.

Default Breakdown

As I said the other companies were providing a 5 year guarantee & 34.95 cheaper!!! Several companies fit free of charge.
    Also very disappointing to have to wait 75 minutes, being alone & frozen with no car heating working.
    The only positive was your excellent member of staff that came to my assistance.

Default Breakdown - Battery

Well, I was ripped off even more than I thought.
    I spoke to my garage this morning. They would have charged me 35 for the battery, fitted, with a five year guarantee. So the RAC, CHARGED AN EXTRA 50!!!! Disgraceful..

Ouch! That is expensive!!

Default Breakdown

Indeed it is, a total rip off. They charge enough for membership, without ripping you off.
    Now just got to get the other part they recommended, but looks like it has to come from Belgium.

you will get the standard reply I expect