Thread: new car

Default new car

i wonder if someone can help i have recently bought a car .we trusted the garage to complete the paper work and deliver the car to our home.we were told by the garage when they had dropped the car off that they were in a rush and they would post relevant paper work including the v5,we have been waiting for these for a couple of weeks now until this morning a neighbour appeared saying he had received the paper work for our vehicle in his address this included the finical agreements the v5 and other paper .he had contact the garage who weren't helpful at all .were do we stand now and any advice

As long as you now have all the correct papers for the car, all you can so is go to the garage and ask them what they are playing at?Did you arrange the finance through the garage, or was it from somewhere else? If it was with the garage,you can insist that all further mail, goes to the correct address.I suppose the most annoying thing about it all, that your confidential finance papers, were read by your neighbour?

The important thing is that it's your details, address, etc. that are on all the documents, and not your neighbour's. If they were just delivered to the wrong house by mistake, but have your address on, then that is annoying but not really a problem. If you complain, all you can expect is an apology.

If the details are wrong - get them to rectify it ASAP.

If the address is wrong, you just need to contact the DVLA, finance company etc and get it put right.

There's not much point going to the garage - they've made an annoying mistake, but these things happen.

Ah! I must have read it wrong, I never realised that the address was wrong on the V5, I thought it was just the finance papers that went to the wrong address?

Actually the OP hasn't said that the address was wrong - only that the doc's were delivered to the wrong place.

It would be nice to hear from him again or else just abandon the thread.