Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are jpeg extensions without the 'e' asterisked out

Question Why are jpeg extensions without the 'e' asterisked out

I put several links into my dropbox account for images to show how and what I'd done, but the Joint Photographic Experts Group extension is *** out.

I noticed that jpeg isn't a banned word but remove the 'e' and it becomes a banned word. That don't make no sense!

Why?
    Last edited by darkan9el; 07-05-14 at 09:28.

This forum is pretty messed up - that is just one of the many problems.

I'll say, sounds like it could do with some tweaking. fancy blocking j-p-g (remove the hyphens) but allowing jpeg

Unfortunately we had a couple of incidents where extremely graphic images were posted and while they were obviously deleted we made the decision not to allow inline images. I'm sorry that it inconvenienced you.

Mike - Glad to see that you are still around. Any likelihood that this poor excuse for a forum will be sorted out any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Mike - Glad to see that you are still around. Any likelihood that this poor excuse for a forum will be sorted out any time soon?
    Last I heard was someone chasing on the 28th. I'll chase it again now.

Ah! I'm getting used to it now, it's very rewarding to keep signing in, and pressing the refresh key, to eventually see that wee red Reply box, it's just part of the fun now,......Winking Smiley

Hi Mike, I understand the concern but you can't punish everyone for some muppets stupidity. My images aren't inline they are linked, so you have to go to my dropbox to view them but as a test I have changed the extension to jpeg on one of my EGR images

Allowed
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmamna4hel...-pipe-EGR.jpeg

Banned
    This is the same as the one above apart from a missing 'e' and if you deleted the *** after clicking on the link and replaced it with j-p-g minus the hyphens you would see the image is the same as the one above.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bix2mqn0e4...l-pipe-EGR.***

Kind of not working this ban thing is it.
    Last edited by darkan9el; 07-05-14 at 22:02.

This forum really is flaky, one minute you can edit a post the next you can't. When you can its an older version of the post you just made, then the log in and then refresh to log in very er different, its like one of those heath robinson machines that you have to hit a few times with a hammer (percussive maintenance) to stop it rattling or hissing. it ought to have duck tape as a backgound pic lol!

and god forbid you make a typo and try to correct it :-)

And no way to make quotes ot bold or underline.