Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Service from Friendly Service Centre in Enfield!

Thumbs up Fantastic Service from Friendly Service Centre in Enfield!

Via RAC I must commend the service I received from Friendly Service Centre in Enfield who recovered my vehicle after I stupidly put unleaded petrol into my diesel car.

They were friendly and understanding which was so welcome as I was very upset.

They were very efficient and kept me updated throughout the day as to how the repair was going.
    My car was ready within 3 hours of collection and the reception staff were very welcoming and also exceptionally efficient. My car is running as good as before if not better!

Thank you all - excellent customer service!

Nice to see a satisfied customer - I hope that this is not an advertisement in disguise.

Right then RAC, explain to me in very simple words how this differs from a driver breaking a key in the ignition which you do not come out to as you class that as not a breakdown?

How is putting the wrong fuel in a car a breakdown?
    Don't suppose it has anything to do with having vans equipped to remove contaminated fuel and charging around 180?

Taken from their web site
    you may not be covered for the effects of a breakdown that is deemed to be 'your fault', like lost keys or filling up with the wrong fuel

Quote..." I hope that this is not an advertisement in disguise."

Oh! Santa,.........how could even suggest that, shame on you. (tongue in cheek mode)

Friendly are the contractors that cover my cell area and they are as the op says i never have any trouble from them nothing is to much trouble and a pleasure to deal with.

Miss breakdown

Sunshine 28
    Sorry my previous posting appears to have gone astray. Thank you for the positive feedback, I will ensure Friendly Service Centre receive recognition.
    Hometune
    Full benefits and exclusions of any mechanical breakdown policy can be found within our T&C's. We appreciate that some customers may require assistance for areas which are outside of their entitlements, for which we will provide assistance wherever possible for a small charge. Draining contaminated fuel is not covered. So we will offer a fuel drain service or a local tow. Lost, broken or stolen keys are also not covered. So we will offer the services of a local locksmith if there is one available.
    Angela

I'd hazard a guess that the above plaudit is an attempt by a staff member
    to promote the company. Having found this thread via Google I'm posting here
    to share my friend's experience of them (via another insurer, with whom she's
    been in discussion over her treatment).

She became stranded in an icy car in the middle of the night and was told she
    couldn't bring her (young, nervous when alone) dog on board, so had to choose
    between leaving him in the car (to panic and freeze) or staying in there with him
    and freezing herself, which the recovery agent wouldn't allow.

Edit: here is the part of her account to the insurers pertaining to her treatment
    by FSC. She has since received a full apology (from the insurers).

I was travelling eastwards on the A14 when an alarming amount of steam began to come from under the bonnet of my car. I was able to pull in almost immediately to a shallow lay-by and called [insurers] at 19.26 to ask for assistance. As there was a numbered emergency phone in the lay-by I was able to give its serial number to the lady who dealt with me and she thus pinpointed exactly where I was. She took many details from me including the fact that I was travelling alone but with a small dog.

I then heard nothing until 19.54 when Friendly Service Centre sent a text to say that they would be with me at 20.43. I was somewhat dismayed by this as:

i) the temperature was below freezing;
    ii) I was unable to wait in my car, having been specifically warned not to as it was not stopped in a safe place;
    iii) as a lone female traveller I would have expected to be a priority and had been initially assured that someone would be with me within the hour.

I called FSC back and they said they were unable to find where I was as they had only been given 'vague details'. Some questions followed as to whether I was quite sure that I was travelling in the direction of Cambridge, and was I quite sure that I was on the A14?

After several more calls and assurances - that I would be called back in ten minutes (several times - I never was), that the Highways Agency and police would be asked to come and make sure I was ok (neither did, though this is not under your control unless you did not actually alert them), a breakdown truck arrived at 21.30.

When I stood up, very relieved to see the truck, the driver's first words were that I could not bring the dog into his cab 'in case someone with a dog allergy had to use it'. As I was already very cold indeed having waited two hours in sub-zero temperatures, and in my view already deserving of an apology and some care, I was surprised that this was even an issue. However I explained that I was unwilling to leave my dog in the car as he panicks when alone in enclosed spaces and I knew from experience that he would chew through his restraining harness and push open the soft top of my car and jump out. In addition, though my car is warm enough when the engine is going, in weather that cold to remain in it was effectively to remain in the open air. As we had both been exposed enough already I thought this was not a humane option.

The driver stood his ground and so I contacted [insurers] yet again. The operator to whom I spoke questioned my judgement on the matter of the dog several times - though as I have said by this time I was surprised it was an issue at all. Eventually someone decided to get me a taxi home - a solution which had in fact been offered some time earlier, before the truck came, but had not materialised.

A taxi finally arrived at 22.00 and I reached home at around 00.15.
    Last edited by Chris Miller; 23-03-13 at 09:36. Reason: Update of details

Chris Miller
    We appreciate that pets are part of the family but the agent needs to do a risk and Health & Safety assessment. It is their decision whether to allow the animal to travel in the cab as explained in our T&C's. You have stated that the dog was young and nervous, if they were travelling along the motorway and it became distressed, this could be a risk to the driver and his passengers. They also have to take into account whether the cab can be cleaned of any pet hairs before proceeding to the next call. Afterall the next customer could be dressed in their best clothing and may be offended if they became covered in pet hairs, to which they may have allegeries.
    Angela

Hi Angela

As I stated it wasn't an RAC callout, this was just to highlight her treatment by the above firm.
    But the point you're making is a choice between potentially risking the safety of the driver
    or the comfort of his next passenger, potentially letting the dog freeze alone because she
    can't get to him, or actually leaving a woman on her own in the middle of the night with
    her dog to freeze and almost die. The first two could have happened, the latter actually did.

I've said what I came to say.
    Last edited by Chris Miller; 23-03-13 at 09:27.