Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Admin please note

It can't be my Internet connection, as we are on 60 Mbs with Virgin, ( going up to 100Mbs soon, free) and we have never had any connection problems, even with 4 users on line at the same time.That was when our lad was here fixing his Mums I/Pad, we had 2 computers and 2, I/Pads on all at the same time.

Well, I'm getting on via either the email alerts link or via my favourites link in Chrome. Can't get smileys or colour and can only use reply to thread. What's new is working occasionally. And I have horrible broadband speeds, rapidly getting worse but that's BT for you.

My package with Virgin gives me up to 20Mb broadband, and is soon to be increased to up to 50Mb. This is fast enough for me - paying a higher monthly charge for faster broadband would not be worth the extra. The actual speed obtained is dependent on distance between source and router - I think I must be geographically well placed.

It's not going to be related to any external factors like your broadband speed, I'm afraid guys, it's still a proxying issue at this end as far as I can tell. I'll feed back that people are still having issues now.

Yes - have to keep refreshing to make it work.

I have opened a new account, which seems, so far, to be working. My 'proper' account would let me sign in, but then return me to the signing in page. Over the past weeks I have tried logging in from different friend's computers, all with the same account with this happening. I suppose the proof of whether my new strategy works will be when I try signing on again with this new account.

QUOTE.....Well, I'm getting on via either the email alerts link or via my favourites link in Chrome. Can't get smileys or colour and can only use reply to thread. What's new is working occasionally. And I have horrible broadband speeds, rapidly getting worse but that's BT for you.

Do you have a BT accelerator? I am not joking as there is a plug in device that speeds up your connection available from BT
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...RL_accelerator Use the BT Desktop help tool also available from BT FOC. Check your BT speeds via BT Speed checker and if too slow complain. I did and my speed doubled. Clear all caches and run Disk Clean up and Disk defragmenter in your Control panel of your computer.

I cannot access any post that I have not replied to in the past. I cannot sign in normally and have doneso via another thread to get to this thread and I cannot send private messages as they are turned off. The forum has failed its latest MOT..... MIKE Gray please note these as of today 3/4/14 at 17.01

Thanks, Trainman, already got latest main socket and local phone man (BT) says it won't help with the speed issues. Seems we're not the only ones with ever-decreasing speeds but an average download of 6.3Mbps to average of 1.76 in three months is a bit much!!

Still can't get colour, italics and reply with thread working, though email alerts are coming through and what's new now working but then can't find some replies on the main thread.

I'm still having problems with the site as well, but luckily no problems with our Internet connection. In fact we have just had a free upgrade from Virgin to 100Mps from 60, mind you, the only time we get the full speed is when downloading large items, like films, they only take about ten minutes now.