Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin please note

If I press the "What's new?" button, all I get is "Sorry no matches - try some different items".
    And the smiley icons seem to have disappeared again.
    Still getting the rotating bullets when pressing either 'Reply' or 'Reply With Quote', which remain in this state whilst composing and until sending the post - as if it is waiting for a buffering action!

This forum has become a complete hit and miss affair. 2 of my replies have disappeared when I first came on here. Then when I refreshed the site, they all came back. And all the new stuff in the general section was missing again until I refreshed.
    Very frustrating.
    Last edited by Hometune; 06-03-14 at 16:37.

I give up. When I try to edit the above post it takes me back to the post I wrote before changing it.

Just looked at the technical section and a post timed at 0713 of today has been missing until now despite several refreshes.

Hometune, I received an email notification of your 16:40 post, but it doesn't seem to show on the thread. You referred to the forum having "died"
    Well, not yet dead, but obviously seriously wounded. Ha,ha! (in place of those illusive emoticons).

I am finding that previous posts do not come up on screen until I click on the 'refresh' icon when on the actual thread. Sometimes this needs to be done more than once. The up to date thread then usually appears, but NOT in every case. One recent post to this thread a couple of days or so has vanished.

Aye! there a few other problems with the site just now, for example, I can get the Reply link, if I come in through the What's New link?

Aye! A few of my posts have disappeared as well, but at least I can post tonight, as the last time I was in here, I couldn't post at all?

I am finding that clicking on the 'refresh' icon in my URL bar helps, and sometimes better if doing so after opening the appropriate thread. Clicking on 'last' at bottom of page also seems to bring up later posts.
    The main problem with missing posts is that it makes for very difficult continuity of a thread, since we can only be sure of knowing posts have not come up when they are either our own, or ones from other posters that we remember having read.
    I have been wondering if the problems are putting off any of the regular posters, and if this could permanently damage the popularity of the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I have been wondering if the problems are putting off any of the regular posters, and if this could permanently damage the popularity of the forum?
    I've been wondering this myself. No Rolebama, Ficklejade, Santa, Trainman, Belucky and so on. Seems ridiculous in this day and age that the problem has not been sourced and repaired.

Strange thing is, Hometune, I have been seeing posts from all the above except Rolebama. Also strange is the 'Fuel Duty thread'. Entering that topic shows the last post as being my own, but Topic Menu List shows FJs post as being the last one. Unlike other topics, repeatedly clicking on the 'refresh' icon seems not to have cleared it.