Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Admin please note

Sorry, but this site is now just not working for me. What's new is out of date by three days; none of the posts I've added since are visible and the updates don't seem to be showing via emails.

Hi FJ, I have found that if I log in twice, then Refresh the page, until I see the " the red reply" key, then I can post as normal, give that a try, good luck.

Yes it is never to be fixed. There is only a few who use it so it is better closed down. My RAC membership is finishing this year.

FJ, I find that I have to click on the refresh icon after selecting the thread that I want to view or reply to. Sometimes it is necessary to do this twice - for getting to the true end of the thread to make this reply I clicked on 'last'.

Trainman, I do not agree that the forum should be closed down. There are many reasons why people such as we wish to continue using the forum, in spite of its current shortcomings. For example, I would imagine posters like smudger are very restricted to spending a lot of time indoors, and the ability to converse with other posters must be of some comfort.
    I apologise if I have embarrassed you, smudger, but as we are aware of your situation you are the best example that came to mind for defending the forum's survival. I am nearly 79, and there are days when an hour or so at the computer, with a cup of tea or coffee, is far more enticing than going out, particularly when the weather is inclement. In variably, this will take me to two or three forums that I enjoy visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
    Yes it is never to be fixed. There is only a few who use it so it is better closed down. My RAC membership is finishing this year.
    That certainly isn't the intention (that it's not to be fixed) - I know it was chased up again on Thursday but I haven't heard what progress is being made. As of the 10th the root cause of the issue had apparently been identified. I will chase up again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklejade View Post
    Sorry, but this site is now just not working for me. What's new is out of date by three days; none of the posts I've added since are visible and the updates don't seem to be showing via emails.
    I've had some luck in terms of refreshing back pressing shift and the browser refresh key - you might want to try this on the home page for example to see what's been updated. As above I will chase again tomorrow.

Mike, I have frequently found it necessary to go to the thread, then click on the Refresh icon. Sometimes, with multiple pages, it is necessary to click 'refresh' again on the latest page number, or where it says "last".
    It is advisable to do this before adding a post, as one might not be replying to the latest post on the thread.

No problem Snowball, you are right about the fact that I'm in here every day, as are a few others. I also agree about keeping this site open, as it has helped a lot of folk who are having car problems, and the banter is really good as well.