Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Admin please note

Apologise for the continued frustration and inconvenience. I know there's still work being done in the background to resolve this and I'll update you as soon as I know more.

Default Are we there yet Dad??

Nearly son. Only a few miles to go.

Just over the next hill............"winking smiley."

Another twist. When I log in, the screen still asks me to 'log in', and I have to click on the refresh icon for the screen to change to the 'log out' view.

That was my trouble and i wasn't able to log in normally. I am logged in now via another thread and do not log out to stay logged in. I don't know whether I am coming or going or disappearing up my own ar***ole.

Maybe it would help Mike in his efforts to pass on our problems to the technical (computer side) team if we each listed our current situations?

Mine are:
    I have no log in problems, though this may have something to do with my using a "favourites" link.
    I am getting email alerts and able to access via links.
    "What's New" sometimes works and sometimes not.
    No colour.
    Hitting the "reply to thread" or "reply with quote" boxes on right of the page ends in hanging the website; I have to exit and go in again. the "reply" button on the left seems to work fine though that's only the last few days.
    No smileys.
    Time taken for posts to appear is eccentric (but that might be down to my Internet speeds in part at least as they are below BT's acceptable standard at present).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
    That was my trouble and i wasn't able to log in normally. I am logged in now via another thread and do not log out to stay logged in. I don't know whether I am coming or going or disappearing up my own ar***ole.
    If I don't log out, I "sometimes" find that I am still logged in when returning to the site, but not always. Yesterday, I did not log out, but still had to log in again this morning.
    After logging in, the dialogue gave the usual "thanks for logging in", but the home screen still showed the need to log in until I clicked on the 'refresh' icon.
    Trainman, regarding your fear of that disappearing trick, don't you have to avoid going round in ever decreasing circles to prevent this happening? Teehee!

I thought that was a black hole??

There's no answer to that one, Trainman!

It seems to be hit or miss with the site these days, so if you do manage to get in, just make the best of it?