Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin please note

I've just discovered that if you come in through the "What's New" link, you get the "Reply to" link, so you can post from there.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ficklejade View Post
    I have no idea whether this will get through or out but I have tried to reply to posts and they're not appearing on relevant topic but I'm getting emails to say replies have been posted to the non-appearing responses.

Not being rude, but it seems that only Snowball's and Santa's responses are getting through. Come on Guys, what do you know we don't?

Oh and smileys don't work, either - there was a big grin on end of the last sentence.

I posted a message under General to Smudger following his concerning news - I'd like to think he got it but can't find it. Not expecting reply at this time.
    Hi, FJ. Yes, your message under "General" probably got through - it certainly appeared on my computer. As far as I know, I am not doing anything special that others are not doing, in order to post on the forum. But I have noticed that, occasionally, the reply from other posters to a thread in which I am involved does not always appear in my email.
    For "reply with quote", I have to click on that button twice in order to continue. Afraid that I feel Admin and team have fouled up terribly on this.
    Going to end with a 'cool smiley' as see where/if it turns up!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    I've just discovered that if you come in through the "What's New" link, you get the "Reply to" link, so you can post from there.
    My "Whats New" choice fails to work, although it worked fine for me BEFORE the Updates.

It would seem that forum posters are getting a mixed bag of problems, probably depending on how our computers are set up. But, prior to the recent "maintenance", nobody appeared to be complaining. Admin have gone quiet, and no updates on progress have been given, so is it now fait accompli, and we'll just have to live with outcome? Terrible shame, because the site was so user friendly before.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    It would seem that forum posters are getting a mixed bag of problems, probably depending on how our computers are set up. But, prior to the recent "maintenance", nobody appeared to be complaining. Admin have gone quiet, and no updates on progress have been given, so is it now fait accompli, and we'll just have to live with outcome? Terrible shame, because the site was so user friendly before.
    Far from it, and I'm pretty sure I posted on the subject over the weekend. We're still trying to deal with the problem and as soon as we have a solution or even an ETA for a solution I'll post here. Unfortunately the problems with the forum are an unintended consequence of something entirely unrelated!

I'm still having problems when using my I/Pad, earlier on tonight I couldn't post at all, as the reply link wasn't showing?And I'd I used the Reply With Quote link, I just got the log in page? How long do you think it will be before it's back to normal Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    I'm still having problems when using my I/Pad, earlier on tonight I couldn't post at all, as the reply link wasn't showing?And I'd I used the Reply With Quote link, I just got the log in page? How long do you think it will be before it's back to normal Mike?
    smudger, from what I glean from Mike's last post, it suggests that the problem is so obscure that 'back to normal' could be a long way off. What I find curious is that, around the time this happened, on another forum that I visit (Caravan Talk) I suddenly found that it stopped allowing me to use the bold/underscore/'reply with quote' functions. I can imagine links between other forums, where common software is implemented - not saying this is the case in this instance, but one's mind cannot help wandering!

I think there's more being done today to try and resolve - please keep posting in this thread with any issues that persist. I'm particularly interested in -Are you having any issues postingAre you having any issues replyingDoes the "what's new" button workAnd of course anything else that doesn't work as it did before.

I only managed to send you a P.M after going into the Help button? It seems to an ongoing problem, where on some nights I can't post anything, as the Reply link isn't even showing on the page?Then if you try using the Reply With Quote link, you just get a Log In Page?A lot of folk have given up completely?Cheers,Smudger.

Mike, not sure if you'll get this, altho' last few posts got through.
    Cannot use what's new for posting.
    Hit the reply with quote or quick reply boxes and neither will load so only way I can respond is the Reply to thread button on left hand side of screen.
    Smileys don't work.
    Using Windows 7 and Chrome (but it don't work on IE either as swapped over to try.