Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rac - wrong fuel

Thumbs down Rac - wrong fuel

So i put the wrong fuel in my car today! ended up putting in 30l before i suddenly realised what an idiot i was. so i called the RAC to see what they could do...... 250!! as if it wasn't painful enough!! i mean i understand it isn't covered as i caused the damage etc, but really 250!! Anyway i just wanted you all to know, i ended up going with a company called wrong fuel recovery, their site is www.wrongfuel-recovery.co.uk they charged me nearly half of what these guys wanted. they came really quick and i was on my way in no time 100% recommended. just thought i would let people know theres a cheaper option. i actually got their number from the petrol station i was in, but the man that came to drain my tank said they are nationwide so I'm sure if you just give them a call they will help.

I am not sure if the RAC did, but the AA certainly did not charge when it was a private club. I am appalled at the membership of the day who voted to turn both these organizations into commercial enterprises. I think they were paid a 'dividend' or around 250 - 300 at the time. That is swallowed up very quickly should they ever have the misfortune to misfuel, get a puncture with no spare, or get stuck in the mud.
    Useful link. Thank you I shall add it to my list.

RAC Motoring Services was not owned by its 2 million "members", who simply paid a subscription for its services.

It was in fact a subsidiary of the Royal Automobile Club, which had about 20,000 members. When it was sold, they got 35,000 each. That would have paid for a few punctures!

Beelzebub, thanks for that. I stand corrected and will now go sit in the corner with my laptop for the rest of the session.

Smile

Beelzebub, thanks for that. I re-read my post several times before posting. I knew it wasn't right about RAC, but couldn't 'see' it. I shall take my laptop and sit in the corner for the rest of the session in penitance.

I see Green Flag are saying they will deal and fix at no charge for wrong fuel situations.

Aye! I think they show that on their TV advert, it's still good to know about that "wrong fuel" company, that could save a lot of people forking out large amounts.After all, anyone filling up with the wrong fuel, would feel stupid enough already, without being ripped off?

Sorry but mis-fuelling is human error and not a mechanical breakdown. A breakdown Patrol cannot safely drain and dispose of the contaminated fuel. T&C's clearly state this is not covered. That said we do have special vehicles that can offer a fuel drain service on a pay on use basis. We appreciate that this is a costly error and we are always looking for ways to improve our service. Therefore in addition to our pay-on-use option, we have recently introduced our "mis-fuel rescue". This is an optional extra that you may chose to take out to cover you in the event of this type of incident. Check out our website or call 08705 722722 to find out more.
    Angela

Question mis fuel cover

Well why not GIVE THE PRICE and not"RAC Members receive a 50 discount off the full price."is like these insurance companies "100 cash back"you are paying that 100 to get it back so why not just reduce the cost by the amount

Quote Originally Posted by Operations Exec View Post
    Sorry but mis-fuelling is human error and not a mechanical breakdown. A breakdown Patrol cannot safely drain and dispose of the contaminated fuel. T&C's clearly state this is not covered. That said we do have special vehicles that can offer a fuel drain service on a pay on use basis. We appreciate that this is a costly error and we are always looking for ways to improve our service. Therefore in addition to our pay-on-use option, we have recently introduced our "mis-fuel rescue". This is an optional extra that you may chose to take out to cover you in the event of this type of incident. Check out our website or call 08705 722722 to find out more.
    Angela
    Human error or not your competitors are now offering it for free under their breakdown cover.

Out of interest then how much is it as an optional extra on an Rac policy?