Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which insurer?

Of course we have no idea of their personal circumstances. Some people are willing and able to spend £thousands on their cars, including insurance. Some businesses allow their staff to choose a leased car with insurance included. Of course there are some people who cheat, either by not having insurance at all, or lying to the insurance company that a parent is the main driver and they are a named extra. No doubt there are other ways I haven't thought of.

I should add that I do not recommend any of the above. If you take the risk, you may well have to pay the consequences. Incidentally, I am still paying for my daughter's insurance, and it has now dropped to a manageable £300.

Speaking of cheats, it's amazing just how many folk take liberties with their Mobility cars. There was a case in our area, where the person was using his car to run a parcel delivery business?

I read in their magazine that someone was using their Mobility car as a taxi, and had disconnected the speedo so that the mileage wouldn't be recorded?

They were caught out when the car went in for a service? Some folk are just unbelievable Eh!

Quote Originally Posted by dacouch View Post
    I just checked out RAC and they seem to be the branding for BISL, I strongly recommend you google "BISL complaints" and "Budget Insurance Complaints" as they have a certain reputation...
    Not surprised. My wife just cancelled her RAC insurance as she doesn't have a car anymore and they charged an enormous cancellation fee meaning that she will be refunded next to nothing, despite only being insured for 4 months of the year.

Avoid RAC insurance!

My daughter is insured with Sheila's Wheels, but she is 26 - when she was under 25, they were quite expensive. I think it would be worthwhile to pay a visit to a local broke - but avoid Swinton as they too have a bad rep.

If there is a company that you would like to use, your current one for example, then try phoning them with a cheap quote on your screen, and see if they will match it. Also, do not be pressured into buying extras like recovery and courtesy cars unless you really want them. Also look at the difference between monthly and annual payments, It might be cheaper to pay up front if you can.

Most insurance companies charge cancelation fees, but they don't all charge the same rate, it's worth finding out how much they charge when buying the insurance, good luck.