Thread: Mk6 fiesta rattling noise?

Default Mk6 fiesta rattling noise?

hi all my fiesta mk6 1.4 2003 petrol has a annoying rattling noise coming from the front somewhere...sounds like from the driver side...ive replaced droplinks as they didnt look great..still no joy..discs/pads have plenty of life in them...car is fine when stationery..no noise...one thing i have noticed is driver side driveshaft rubber gaitor gearbox end is held on by a cable tie and there is black grease all over anti roll bar...and where it goes into the wheel hub again rubber gaitor has a cable tie holding it on but no grease there...also the steering wobbles when i brake...tyres all good..etc....?

They are prone to the bushes on the bottom suspension arm wearing.

bottom ball joint?/wishbone..?

It is usually the pivot pushes between the lower wishbone and the body that wear, they will cause problems relative to how badly worn they are. Link is for information only, not a recommendation to buy.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIESTA-MK-...item3cd51ae623
    Last edited by Rolebama; 22-01-14 at 19:17.

well went over all ball joints etc today cant see any play what so ever etc...took it for a drive today its definately a rattling more than a knocking noise it driver side seems as if its the shock absorber as its rattling even on straight roads but more on bumpy roads....i noticed the plastic cover that sits inside the spring around the shock is missisng and like i say only other noticeable defects are the drive shaft cv boots as stated earlier in the post....would the driveshaft rattle because of this or???

Faulty driveshafts CVs usually 'knock', but they are relatively easy to check out. All you have to do is drive slowly in a circle forward and backward on full lock on both sides. The only thing I can think of that could 'rattle' is the disc back plate, if that has rusted through a mounting, or a mounting bolt loose. Or if a brake hose locator has come adrift.

turned out to be top suspension mount :/