Thread: Extortionate Renewal Quote...

Default Extortionate Renewal Quote...

I use the phrase advisedly; I have a renewal letter for breakdown cover for my Wife and I which encourages me that I need do nothing, renewal will be automatic - what it fails to mention is that whilst the automatic renewal is 247.08 the on-line price for the same cover is 118.99.
    This is misleading, disingenuous and calculated to sleep-walk me into paying almost twice as much as I need to.
    The RAC should be ashamed of this despicable cynical marketing - very ashamed.
    I won't be renewing with you this year.
    Last edited by MikeRAC; 21-01-14 at 09:50.

This seems to be a tactic common to many insurers. Allowing a policy to roll over is not a good plan for anyone. Having said that, both my and my daughter's last renewals were roll overs. I checked thoroughly and they were the best rates.

I should make it clear - this is not for insurance, this is for RAC breakdown cover...

Oops - sorry, my misread. Breakdown cover is, of course insurance by a different name.

Like many others, the RAC offer low rates to new customers in the hope that they will stay at the end of the contract. This applies to broadband, cable, mobile phones, etc. It is also the rationale behind the 0% offers on credit cards.

I suppose that one could simply rotate between the various services and take advantage of their introductory offers.