Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance.

Why isn't there a league table for insurance companies, like there is for schools and hospitals? Apart from the ombudsman, there should be a responsible body with powers to act, that regulated these insurance companies that rip us off.

my insurance company is aviva, but it is through swinton, who are brokers from what i can understand, anyway they sent me a letter the other day saying that they are closing my local branch (about 2 miles away in the town centre) now if i stay with them i have to drive on a 20 mile round trip, so its gonna be back on the compare sites in march

they cut there costs, but put mine up

Quote Originally Posted by tommytwotanks View Post
    my insurance company is aviva, but it is through swinton, who are brokers from what i can understand, anyway they sent me a letter the other day saying that they are closing my local branch (about 2 miles away in the town centre) now if i stay with them i have to drive on a 20 mile round trip, so its gonna be back on the compare sites in march

they cut there costs, but put mine up
    My house insurance is through Swintons, but I've never set foot in the branch - I'm not even sure where it is. Why do you have to drive to them? What's wrong with the phone, post or e-mail?

If you go down the comparison site route, you may end up with a company 500 Miles away. Will you drive there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    My house insurance is through Swintons, but I've never set foot in the branch - I'm not even sure where it is. Why do you have to drive to them? What's wrong with the phone, post or e-mail?

If you go down the comparison site route, you may end up with a company 500 Miles away. Will you drive there too?
    it must the branch manager, a pushy women trying to climb the ladder, about 4 weeks before you policy runs out you get an email asking me to call in to check details, two weeks later i get a letter saying the same, then a week before i get a phone call, they leave a message on the answerphone, i call them to say i will be in the following morning, the young guy asks me questions i could of answered on the phone, then starts on about house insurance cover which is due for renewel shortly, he says he will call me nearer the time , i said no need im going to renew, what happens he bl**dy phones two weeks later, it does my head in, i hate pushy people

at least popping in is cheaper than calling 0845/6/7 numbers and being put on hold for ages, been there with "directline"

We have a local Swinton office not far from us. Getting a mailshot through the door, I once enquired about car insurance. They came up with a renewal that was somewhere around 200 dearer than my current insurer. After telling them of the difference, the female agent cut the price to I similar figure that I was already paying, but came up with 'conditions' like 30% up front and full payment over 6 months, and the offer 'only open if taken out today'.
    I declined to do business with them immediately.

I wouldn't use Swinton. Have a look here https://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/c...n-/reviews/96/ for some other opinions.

Has anyone got all their insurance policies with the one company? If so, does it work out cheaper to have your car and both your house insurances with the same company?

I used to have all my insurance with Zurich, but that was because I got a discount through my employer. I see little or no advantage these days.

My son-in-law got what he considered a fantastic deal by having his car, the wife's car and house insurance from one insurer. Then the renewal came through! Double the price. When he phoned he was told he had been given a 45% introductory bonus. He has reverted to using individual insurers.

Unhappy should have something like IRDA approved

I think they should have something like IRDA approved which will act a responsible body with powers to act, that regulated car insurance companies that tend to ripped off. Thank god my car insurance liberty videocon company is a reliable one.