Thread: Peugeot 206 starter issues.

Default Peugeot 206 starter issues.

Hey all ,had my car now for over a year , right the car started to play up recently , taking longer to start to kick over. I had the starter motor rebuilt with new parts and tested before fitting back in the car so i know its not the starter motor.
    Ive checked all the connections with a voltage meter and that too came out fine , fuses seem to be in good order, the car even bump starts !!!
    However whenever i turn the key all i get is a single click.
    If anyone can help i will be grateful.

Battery??? or solenoid??? could be either or a bad earth to the engine.

The battery is fine , been fully charged over night and still just the one click, ive already changed the solenoid. Il get a wire brush on the connections tomorrow to see if it helps anything, thanks for the reply.

Have you tried tapping the starter motor with the end of a broom handle? When the car doesn't spin over, get out without shutting the door, tap the starter, get back in and try again. If that works it is the starter motor.

yeah but the thing is the starter motor has been rebuilt and tested in front of me before i put back into the car, i know that's not the issue. Is there more than f8 fuse that could stop the car from starting ?

Is the engine earth lead fitted? Use a jump start lead and connect one end to the battery negative and the other to the gearbox making sure you have a good connection. If it now starts then you need a new earth lead or its connections are very poor.

Even though its been rebuilt and tested it could still be a problem it would also depend on which parts where changed.

miss breakdown