Thread: Moans

Default Moans

Hiya, just signed into rac forum,and sorry I have done so. What a load of moaners your members are. Every complaint carries a common sense answer, remember when the mechanic visits your car he has 20mins at the roadside to sort you out. His job is the repair at the scene and your on your way, or take you to your destination or home, its your chose. He is not there as your personal secretary to organise your travel plans. I do my best to avoid calling the breakdown service by pampering my car, some members drive sheds. I have been a member for 15 years and have needed the service once which I am delighted with, but when I did breakdown the service was fantastic.

It is rare to see a member who bothers to post and say that he is happy. Most people, and remember that we don't have to be members, will only post if they have a problem. This is common to all forums.

It seems to me that most of the problems that members have with the organisation, are due to misunderstandings about the terms and conditions of their membership of the scheme. Many of them think that it is still the same as it was when the RAC was a club; not realising that it is now simply an insurance for breakdowns.

I hope that you wouldn't expect assistance as part of your membership if you get caught in a flood, involved in an accident, or stuck in snow or mud. They will help you, but they will charge you over the odds for it.

gringotty
    Welcome to the site. Thanks for your loyalty over the years and for your kind comments.
    Whilst at first glance there may be some negative comments, this is how those customers feel, so we welcome their feedback regarding their personal experience. As you navigate a little more I hope you will find a few helpful tips and hints and other more positive feedback. The site welcomes and encourages everyone to have their say, as it helps us to gauge our performance and how our customers and the motoring public in general, feel about RAC. So post away !
    Santa : I hear your comments, but each customer has a copy of the T&C's that relate to their policy, so there should be no mis-understanding on what they are covered for. And come on, be fair, our costs are in-line with the general market.
    Angela

There was a time when I didn't read T&C's. These days I would not dream of signing up for anything without a careful perusal of the 'small' print.

The costs to which I refer, are the charges you make for a services not covered by you. I have no personal experience, but there have been many examples on this forum, where you have quoted much more than a member has actually paid for a local contractor.

One thing I would urge people to remember is that it was the members who voted to turn the clubs into commercial ventures. In terms of the AA, yes, they were offered monetary gains, but that is beside the point as it was a condition that only those members who had been members for a period of time who were allowed the vote.

A bit unfair to say that there only moans on this forum old chap, as mentioned earlier, you will find some positive posts, where folk have been well pleased with the service they got.

Its not only breakdowns that folk post about on here, and I think the Technical Help thread, which is the most used one, helps a lot of folk out with other problems, but not so many come back on to share their appreciation however?

During my time with the AA, I know they got complaints. My personal benchmark as to the service I had given I would measure in the size of the gratuity I received. Some people would phone or write in to give praise of the service they had received, but most would deal with it at the roadside in the way I already mentioned.

Does this mean, that as an AA patrolman, you expected a tip after doing your job?

I was taxed on the prospect of receiving tips. I believe my Tax Code was reduced by 500 per annum for this reason. I did not expect a tip, and over the years did in fact refuse some.

well gringotty I am pleased that you have had a good service from the RAC and I expect there are many others that also have but when you receive a bad service that ends up costing you a lot of money I wonder if you will be so keen to have a go at people who moan then or whether you would join them