Thread: Low tax band advice

Question Low tax band advice

I want to update my car but have not been able to find something affordable that is also A-C tax band! Am I right in assuming that it tends to be the NEWER (ie more expensive) cars which are in those lower bandings? I want a 1.4 car / automatic / low tax band(!). Any suggestions? Struggling to find that with only £4k.

This - http://www.nextgreencar.com/car-tax/band/band-C-list/ gives a list of new cars.

Use this - to search for likely cars.

Then check the specific model.

I found a Seat Leon 1.6 for £1000

Well I had a good look round, and never saw any cars at that price, they were all in double figures?

If you use Autotrader and enter the figures the OP has above, you will not find any car for £4,000 that has CO2 emissions below 120.
    The OP is correct, only much newer and consequently much dearer cars can be found that meet all the requirements.

I stand corrected - to be fair, I only spent a couple of minutes researching. I felt that the OP could do it himself.

Absolutely agree and has never come back to say thank you either.....