Thread: Recovery....Do I qualify?

Default Recovery....Do I qualify?

Hi all.
    Got a bit of a situation....
    Ive bought my first car on new years day an 03 impreza turbo. All seemed fine with it so i went with a mates dad who has trade plates to get it home as the car is untaxed and his trade plate insurance would cover it. on the way home something broke,the clutch by my mates dads reckoning and allegedly it cant be fixed roadside as with these cars its a big job.
    after parking it up and getting a train home i discovered that i have rac breakdown/recovery cover as part of some travel insurance i bought through my barclays current account for a holiday i went on a while ago.
    Am i still eligible for recovery even though Ive had to park the car up? the recovery costs are mental and ive spent all my money on the car!
    thankyou in advance, someone please give me good news!

Sorry cannot answer the recovery question but did you buy privately or from a trader or dealer? If you did not buy it privately the seller is responsible for the repairs and recovery.
    The car is un-taxed so yes trade plates will cover that but the insurance arrangement may/may not be illegal. Are you sure you are covered if you decide to tow or leave the car at the roadside? The car is yours, not your mate's dad's and you don't seem to be an employee of the garage/trader. Hopefully you now have your own cover especially with it being parked up and at risk.

Hi.
    I've taxed and insured the car now. Looks like paying for a recovery truck is the best option. This was always worth exploring, I didn't even realise I was a member of the rac until today.
    It was a private sale btw, my mates dad delivers cars for a living and reckons he's fully insured for delivering cars.
    Thanks for the reply!

Thats a pity about it being a private sale. What a shame and your first car too. Once you get the new clutch fitted, don't cane it to death or you might do the gearbox next!!! Good luck.

Ha, I'll survive. Serves me right to wait til I'm almost 35 before learning to drive and educating myself about cars.

uptherebels
    I am sorry but you would not be eligible for a recovery on your Barclays cover in this instance but we can do so under a private recovery. Please call the dedicated telephone number you have been provided by Barclays and we will provide a quotation once the mileage is confirmed.
    Angela