Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about buying UK car

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    I've never seen them that cheap, they all go for around 1200-1600 less than new around here?
    Try my local dealer here http://www.wilsons.co.uk/used-cars/pre-reg/

Not quite 7k, but well over 5k!

Or try a Zafira, at almost 10 grand off!

I've bought a pre-reg car from this garage before, and it was a very good deal.

Two possible small snags:

1. Vauxhall's "lifetime" warranty doesn't apply, although that won't bother most buyers.

2. The first service will be due 12 months from the date of registration, not from the sale.

Am I correct to think over 80% of buyer for these cars bought manual transmission in UK?

I think that an 80/20 ratio of manual to auto is probably about right for the UK.

Been looking at Polo. I wanted one with ESP but I notice some listed as only having Traction Control System. So my question is, is it correct to say some Polo has ESP and some only TCS? Thanks

Hi. Is Parkway Motor Group a reputable dealer?

Unlike people who sell online, there do not seem to be many open reviews of car dealers. There are also a number of different ones who operate under that name.

Quote....."Been looking at Polo. I wanted one with ESP but I notice some listed as only having Traction Control System. So my question is, is it correct to say some Polo has ESP and some only TCS? Thanks"

I've never figured out the difference between esp and tcs, as they are both stabilisers, so do the same job? Of course I could be wrong, but someone will let us know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Quote....."Been looking at Polo. I wanted one with ESP but I notice some listed as only having Traction Control System. So my question is, is it correct to say some Polo has ESP and some only TCS? Thanks"

I've never figured out the difference between esp and tcs, as they are both stabilisers, so do the same job? Of course I could be wrong, but someone will let us know the difference.
    Both ABS and TCS are integral part of ESP. Or you could also say ESP is the coming together of ABS and TCS or the brain controlling ABS and TCS.

Hence ESP is the most desirable of them all.

Cheers for that, much appreciated. I've often wondered what they all did. My present car has abs and esp, and it makes it an interesting drive when you turn off the abs?

When it comes time to resell the car, which is easier to sell and fetch a better 2nd hand value? Manual Transmission or Automatic Transmission?