Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citroen C3 starting problems...

UPDATE*****

I've been informed that the car had a couple of litres of petrol added to it about 3/4 weeks ago and then brimmed with diesel (50 ltr tank) - could this be the source of my problems? Should I get a fuel drain? I've covered just over three tanks of diesel since this episode!!!

Try adding some diesel injector cleaner and replacing the fuel filter again. The filters on these really need to be changed annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    Try adding some diesel injector cleaner and replacing the fuel filter again. The filters on these really need to be changed annually.
    The filter is new (changed three days ago) and it does get a full annual service. I'll pop some injector cleaner in again and see where we go from there

I would remove the filter and drain it of diesel. Then fill it up with the injector cleaner and prime it up and start it. this way the cleaner will be concentrated and shift anything that shouldn't be there.

Happy New Year one and all,

I've not done anything with the car over the festive period but wanted to run this by you all to see if this changes the thought process. I asked the garage to check the condition of the battery but they never reported on it, however, I hooked up the jump leads to a Passat and the C3 fired up straight away.

Now, would this be the case if there were fuel pressure problems or would the boosted battery override this? Is this indicative that I simply need to get a new battery???

Any thoughts??

Thanks

The increased revs on the engine will generate more fuel pressure so overcoming any loss caused by a faulty injector. It could be that any dirt has now moved from an injector.
    The test will be if it starts on its own unaided. The leak off test is independent and if an injector is filling 2 bottles so fast, then there is a problem with it. However, if a new battery gets you going, then maybe you can leave it for the time being.

Thanks again Hometune!

New Battery on order so let's see if that solves / hides the problem. Something else I've noticed and I didn't know what this could mean, but on start-up the glow plug coil light on the dash does not go off. I've left it for over 20secs to try and warm up but nothing - I've had the car for the last 40,000 miles and the plugs have never been changed. Is this a sign that they may need doing as well or does this also point to a another problem (or one that has been highlighted on here already??)

Ta

It could be indicating an engine management fault such as a faulty glow plug, another engine related fault or the relay is not switching off. A diagnostic read should tell you.