Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Renault Clio Making Noise

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default Renault Clio Making Noise

    Hi All,

    I own a Renault Clio and its making a strange noise when cornering, like there is something rolling around on the floor. I have checked everywhere in the car (Its a small car so I am sure I have) and can't find anything that would be rolling round on the floor.
    The noise is coming from the rear of the car behind the drivers seat, like in the passengers foot-well.
    Its getting really annoying and need to find out what it is.
    Grateful if anyone knows what it is?

    Matthew.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Exhaust banging against the floor pan?
    Give the exhaust a good wiggle from the back of the car and underneath and see if you can duplicate the sound.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Something in your spare wheel well in the boot?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscg View Post
    Exhaust banging against the floor pan?
    Give the exhaust a good wiggle from the back of the car and underneath and see if you can duplicate the sound.
    Hi
    I have tried this but couldn't replicate this noise doing that, and the exhaust rubbers felt quite tight.
    But cheers for the advice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n99thw View Post
    Something in your spare wheel well in the boot?
    I have looked in there and there is nothing in the boot and its all tied down in the spare wheel bay.

    I may have to take it into a garage.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Next guess, as its only when cornering that the noise occurs.
    Is it when the steering wheel is on hard lock? If so, perhaps cv bearings are failing. Wrong area of the car I know but it's not easy to pin point these noises some times.
    It would sound like...clonk,clonk,clonk ,clonk,you get the idea

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,689

    Default

    If its more like a "rumbling noise" it could be a wheel bearing, I remember that from one of my earlier cars, as that only happened when cornering as well, good luck.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    8,509

    Default

    I don't know if you have power steering, but if you have, check the fluid level. They can make strange noises when running dry.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscg View Post
    Next guess, as its only when cornering that the noise occurs.
    Is it when the steering wheel is on hard lock? If so, perhaps cv bearings are failing. Wrong area of the car I know but it's not easy to pin point these noises some times.
    It would sound like...clonk,clonk,clonk ,clonk,you get the idea
    I see what you mean
    Its not just when on full lock its even when going round miner corners. It sounds like something is rolling around in the car its very strange.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    If its more like a "rumbling noise" it could be a wheel bearing, I remember that from one of my earlier cars, as that only happened when cornering as well, good luck.
    I have had one of these go before and the noise isn't the same at all.
    Its baffling me
    It may be time to find a garage to take it to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •