Thread: Parking of cement mixer in residential street

Default Parking of cement mixer in residential street

Does anyone know of rules which prevent huge commercial vehicles being parked in residential streets?

A cement mixer has taken up residence in mine!

Thank you for any advice.

There's a "simple"(?) explanation in www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN02249.pdf‎

As far as I can see, it's an RTA offence if the vehicle is over 7.5 tonnes gross weight.

It may also be a breach of the Operator's Licence, for anything over 3.5 tonnes.

As I read the information in Beelzebub's very good link, it is not "an RTA offence if the vehicle is over 7.5 tonnes gross weight" unless there is a specific TRO (Traffic regulation order) in place.

The Operator's Licence is another matter, and it is highly likely that the operator of the mixer lorry is in breach of the rules.

I suggest that you should first leave a note on the screen asking him not to park there and saying that if he continues to park, you will contact The local traffic area office.

If that has no effect, then look here - https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...s#org-contacts - and go ahead with a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    As I read the information in Beelzebub's very good link, it is not "an RTA offence if the vehicle is over 7.5 tonnes gross weight" unless there is a specific TRO (Traffic regulation order) in place.
    You're right, Santa.

Too early in the morning to be reading legalese!