Thread: It's time to visit the RAC Christmas shop!

Default It's time to visit the RAC Christmas shop!

It's time to get organised with your Christmas shopping, so why not check out our fabulous gift options for kids, book / gadget lovers and home mechanics http://www.racshop.co.uk/books-gifts/christmas.html

Mike, may I respectfully point out to your organisation, via yourself and this website, that the RAC shop needs to display delivery charges very early on in the ordering process, not just at the end. In fact, any excluded post codes and additional charges for specific post codes or length of delivery time for such post codes should be described under the delivery information link. It is NOT acceptable to go through the whole ordering process only to find out about any excess charges for delivery late on in the process.

Please don't take this wrongly, but unless delivery charges are made clear at the word do and don't have to make expensive phone call to find out info; I just do without.

While on the subject of delivery costs, I notice that on Ebay that there extra postage costs for the Highlands and Islands in Scotland, in fact, some companies wont even deliver to such places?

This will get even worsen when the 2 year honeymoon period ends with the new privatised parcel postage service ends?

Thank you Ficklejade (and Smudger). I'll pass your feedback onto our RAC Shop team for you now. Best wishes, Laura W.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura W RAC View Post
    Thank you Ficklejade (and Smudger). I'll pass your feedback onto our RAC Shop team for you now. Best wishes, Laura W.
    Wasn't having a pop at RAC, Laura. There's been a huge thing going on about this for two years and Citizens Advice Scotland plus Highland Council and others have been garnering information There's a report about it on the CAS website. I can assure you that it is extremely off-putting to go through the whole order process only to be told that the firm doesn't deliver to one's post code or that I have to make an expensive phonecall to get the additional delivery charges.

To add to Smudger's comment re Ebay, there are very many mail order companies that will not deliver to the Highlands and Islands or else charge ludicrous amounts for delivery - sometimes double the cost of the item itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklejade View Post
    Wasn't having a pop at RAC, Laura. There's been a huge thing going on about this for two years and Citizens Advice Scotland plus Highland Council and others have been garnering information There's a report about it on the CAS website. I can assure you that it is extremely off-putting to go through the whole order process only to be told that the firm doesn't deliver to one's post code or that I have to make an expensive phonecall to get the additional delivery charges.

To add to Smudger's comment re Ebay, there are very many mail order companies that will not deliver to the Highlands and Islands or else charge ludicrous amounts for delivery - sometimes double the cost of the item itself.
    Some good points there! Thanks again.

No probs, Laura.

Bit off topic but given Smudger's comment above, the news that Canada Post is to end it's home delivery service in 5 years' time doesn't bode well!!

Ah! I never knew about that Canadian postal thing, it was a conversation I had with the lady at our local Post Office.

We were talking about the recent selling off of the parcel post service, and 2 year honeymoon period, before they change their prices.

Thing is, we never noticed this when we lived up North, near Inverness?

As I heard it from my cousin, Canada Post is already doing this for letters and packages in many city residential areas and estates. Customers have to go to a central collection centre to get their mail. The idea is to get rid of home deliveries completely. So how do the elderly and disabled know if they've got post? One response was that the sender sends the intended recipient an email - so if you ain't got email?

Can't answer your query about Inverness but in the case of the parcel service, these come over on the post vans along with general mail and are delivered by the posties.