Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAC Unveils new Fuel Pages

I travel in miles not some foreign rubbish Kilometres, so I expect to buy my fuel in gallons not litres and without the daft .7p or .9p after the whopping 136.**. We were ripped off wholesale by the "litre" game of fuel supply! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!

ASDA has a nationwide fuel price. So if it is 136.7 in WARRINGTON then it is the same at every ASDA fuel station.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
    ASDA has a nationwide fuel price. So if it is 136.7 in WARRINGTON then it is the same at every ASDA fuel station.
    Not necessarily. It depends on the proximity of other supermarket fuel stations, and what they are charging for fuel. One example: our nearest Sainsbury's fuel station always seems to be 1p/litre more than another Sainsbury's one. But the latter is quite close to an Asda station, and both are part of a shopping area (Fosse Park), close to Junction 21 of the M1 and M69, and very busy.

Nothing to do with charging by the litre, Trainman. When I buy diesel in France it is still by the litre, and cheaper than in the UK. But then, in the link at the start of the topic, everywhere in the EU is cheaper than the UK.

On the oil market, oil is extracted from the wells by the barrel, and traded in US dollars. And America has 7 pints to the gallon where the UK has 8. So, where does the fiddling begin and end?

Sorry, had to amend that: Answer- mainly UK government tax system!!!

ASDA claim that they are the same price all over the UK

Quote....."We were ripped off wholesale by the "litre" game of fuel supply! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!"

We have been conned ever since we went decimalised way back in the 70s

If any business really intends to rip you off, they don't need decimalisation to do so. All they do need is your difficulty in doing anything about it.