Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Had to run over a animal carcass today

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    So I was right,minor damage to a part that you would never claim of your insurance for.
    I would not have even thought about claiming on my insurance for going over the carcass. I just need someone to tell me it was safe for me to move my car and take where ever to get it fixed.

Depends on what sort of animal it was. Was it a sheep or a large dog? Was it a Fox or a Badger?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    Depends on what sort of animal it was. Was it a sheep or a large dog? Was it a Fox or a Badger?
    I wish you would stop talking rubbish,I really do.

I don't know what car you have, but there is a lambda sensor after the cat on some petrols, and you may have damaget that. The cat itself may be damaged with fragments blocking the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    I wish you would stop talking rubbish,I really do.
    Where I live, ALL those animals are possible road kill victims.

I think Loony's point is that the species of animal is totally irrelevant. You might as well have asked the colour of his underwear, or the state of his socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    I don't know what car you have, but there is a lambda sensor after the cat on some petrols, and you may have damaget that. The cat itself may be damaged with fragments blocking the holes.
    I thought the cat was dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    I think Loony's point is that the species of animal is totally irrelevant. You might as well have asked the colour of his underwear, or the state of his socks.
    I have known of incidents, near to my home, of Pick-up trucks hitting goats and causing serious damage to the trucks.

A badger is a heavy and strong animal. Those of you who live in urban areas may not consider larger animals.

We do not know from the original post whether the animal may have been killed or injured by being hit by the OPs vehicle.

If it had been me, I would have stopped immediately after the collision to ascertain whether the animal needed veterinary treatment.

I think the OPs use of the word 'carcass' may be a bit of a clue there, Dennis.

Beelzebub, your comment reminded me of an old joke concerning a chap who ran over a cat. Unfortunately, it is impossible to write it, as it involves facial expressions.

Dennis, I fear your comment about urban dwelling and the wildlife is a bit out of date. I have seen foxes, badger, deer, (both large and small), as well as most members of the stoat/weasel/ferret families in various London postal districts at night.

I have seen a fox in Uxbridge in daylight.

There was the story, when the Armed Forces were providing fire cover thirty years ago in the Green Goddesses. They went out to rescue a cat stuck up a tree. The grateful owner invited them in to her house for a cup of tea and a cake. The Army never refuse such invitations. Anyway when they were reversing the fire truck, they accidentally ran over the poor cat.