Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astra in limp mode

Default Astra in limp mode

Helpppppp. My astra 05 cdti went into limp mode and now seems to be an intermittent fault. This happened about a week ago as the other half was out shopping.luckily she managed to pull over and turned of the engine. We had a guy come out to it,plugged it in and said there were no fault codes stored. Sure enough there is no engine management light on now but the problem seems to happen quite often(usually as I'm going to work). It's had two different sets of diagnostics on it and they say they cannot find a fault for it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think the cost for getting it checked is getting more and more each time I take it to a garage

Its possible its an egr valve fault these dont always flag up some times you need to look at live readings for the mass air flow meter to diagnosis the link below is for doing the pedal test just follow the instructions. Post any codes back here and I will tell you what they are.

Miss breakdown

What link below??

I've started it this morning after limping home in it last night. It went straight into limp befor I'd done 10 yards. After trying several times trying to get it to run I succeeded by keeping my foot hard down on the accelerator. Once I'd done this I revved it high for several minutes then took it for a thrash down the road waiting for the inevitable spanner sign( no engine management light) but after doing a few laps of our parkway at high revs it's running ok. Will see what tea time brings.
    What link Miss Breakdown??

Default Ermmm

Pedal test?? As you can tell I'm not that technical,lol

http://astra-h.co.uk/pedal-test/

Oops sorry.

Miss breakdown

Ty for that. Just been out to try it again and started in limp mode. Did your pedal test and gave me fault codes ecn 112052,112252 and 070458. Any ideas would be of great help

The first two codes relate to the accelerator pedal and the last to the clutch pedal switch so when you loose power is it the car still runs but doesnt rev up when you try pressing the pedal???

Miss breakdown

That's the problem yes. It revs at about 1200 so it's still able to move. But if you press the pedal it doesn't do anything

Check the connections on the throttle pedal first it may well be this needs changing.

Miss breakdown