Thread: Posting Restrictions

Default Posting Restrictions

Like most forums the RAC have some automatic restrictions on what words we can post and the reason for most of them is obvious - obscene language for example.

What I do not understand is why I can't post a link to a website with the 'word' b logspot or j pg in them. (If I don't put the space in, I get a line of asterisks.) Perhaps the admin (Mike?) could have a look at this.

Whats happened to the posting times part of the forum page? It used to be easier to read with the time posted showing first, then the date, now its harder to find the newer posts?

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Whats happened to the posting times part of the forum page? It used to be easier to read with the time posted showing first, then the date, now its harder to find the newer posts?
    We can probably switch that round to make it time first, if that's helpful.

In terms of j pg and b logspot - we had fairly serious problems a couple of times with spammers posting obscene images. While it's a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach to solving the problem, we just couldn't allow images to be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gray View Post
    We can probably switch that round to make it time first, if that's helpful.
    Yes please!

Aye! Yes please, as for the picture posting think, on that site which I am one of the moderators, we had to approve any picture before it got posted.
    But, nobody had to wait for long, as there is always one of us in there every day, it works out OK.