Thread: 54 Mondeo TDCI 130 serious misfire

Default 54 Mondeo TDCI 130 serious misfire

Hi, there may be several threads on this issue, but after trying most of the simple fixes I think it's time to describe my Mondeo symptoms and seek help before I put into ford garage.
    Car was running great then suddenly there was a loss of power. I thought the turbo had blown, no warning lights. I continued to drive home, in what I thought was limp mode but after about 10 miles car started to misfire. Still no warning lights, but decided to get RAC to take me home.
    Car starts no problem, ticks over and revs up OK in the drive. No warning lights but a little smoke out of exhaust. When I try to drive away the engine misfires badly, when it hits about 1800revs; car is essentially undriveable!
    Read fault codes and got P0100, P0200 and P0300. Inspected turbo pipes, no obvious signs of splits or leaks.
    Changed air flow sensor, no change. Changed erg valve, no change. Took off turbo air inlet pipe and check turbo, rotated freely, no signs of damage and only a very very small amount of side travel.
    I have concluded it is nothing to do with air supply but more likely fuel delivery, but I do not have any test gear for this, hence garage next move. Unless there is someone out there who has experienced the exact same problem and can suggest a solution?

Thanks for listening.

Think you might be on wrong part of forum, mate.

P0300 is a generic misfire code p100 is mass air flow meter and p200 is injector circuit.

Suggest checking the wiring loom for injectors and the maf and also the loom under the battery it can corrode there.

Miss breakdown

Hi thanks for your suggestion, but I have to say that on the surface the wiring looks OK, I did notice rubbing wear on some areas of the outer protective plastic but the underlying cable seemed untouched. I also tried waggling wiring loom but it made no difference.
    Will look at wiring loom in more detail later this week.
    I know it is not the MAF sensor, as I have just fitted a new one. But it could be as you say the wiring. Is there a simple check I can do using a multimeter on the MAF connector? Similarly is there a check I can do on the injectors connectors?

Quote Originally Posted by ficklejade View Post
    Think you might be on wrong part of forum, mate.
    I had a breakdown and looking for advice with problem, can you point me to the right part of the forum?

Technical and Maintenance Questions

If you want help or advice on a technical question about

Have moved my question to the correct forum