Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rac broke my car the break down man admitted fault & now rac wont pay lol

Default rac broke my car the break down man admitted fault & now rac wont pay lol

hi people just want u all to no rac is a bunch of robbers the belt came off my saab which has happened once before & i put it bk on but this time it was dark & i pay my membership i asked for help but not before removing all i needed to to make life easy for the rac . the man arrived tries his best in the dark for an hour or so but ended up pulling to hard on the tensioner which broke but fair play he admitted fault & these things happen only now the rac refuse to pay lucky enough i have a voice mail with them admitting fault so i am going to fight this & should win as they wont fix the part they snapped off or take the car to my mechanic to fix it so i can send them the bill. robbers aa is much better service & ur not put on hold for hours. thanks for listening.

AA are *****.... end of discussion

end of discussion lol edd the ball

tim nice but dim must be on the pay roll lol

I am sorry that our Patrol accidentally broke a part when he was working on your vehicle. However, our records show that the part would have needed to be replaced as part of the original fault therefore his actions have not enhanced your repair costs. I have however asked that this be clarified and we will respond to you in due course.
    Angela

If, as you say, the belt came off for a second time, it is reasonable to assume that it was the tensioner at fault. This should probably have been replaced after the first time the belt came off, but you make no mention, that I can see, of any kind of diagnostic being done as to why the belt came off. I don't see how the Patrol could have broken it by hand if it was in good condition when he arrived. It sounds like he tried to get you mobile, and in doing so, the tensioner finally failed completely. Belts don't just 'come off', there is always a reason, and it seems that you are just trying to get the RAC to pay for a part that had already failed.
    All of the above is an assumption based on what sense I could make of your original post.

they broke it they fix it end of the man admitted fault & rac are trying to get out of it thats the end of it & as for trying to charge 70 od quide to tell me its not there fault after admitting fault is just wrong lol

i have now been informed that the rac should have given me a form to sign allowing them to use force. they did not & i would not of signed to allow someone to break my car i dont care about the bearing they are talking about i just want my car back in the same state as it was in before they touched it no more no less. i will be advertising this in the local papers once i have taken photos of the damage they have done.

^^^^^good luck^^^^^

Rolebama is correct. Belts themselves rarely fail. Usually it is a tensioner that seizes or collapsed. It sounds to me that the tensioner would have needed replacing anyway. The fact the belt came off for a second time reinforces this opinion. If you do write to the papers, I suggest getting somebody to do it for you so they understand the point you are making.