Thread: Let down ....

Default Let down ....

I set off on my holiday to Cornwall onthe 5th of october, after a plesent drive and a plesent first few days, on the Tuesday i broke down. I had a snapped handbrake cable and i didnt want to risk the 300 mile trip home with no handbrake.
    So i then called the rac one of the first quesions i asked is would i have to pay for parts if they could fix it there and then. The opporator could not answer this question for me.
    I was happy with the response of how long it took for a member of your team to come out, he got on the floor and within 3 minuits he said its the long handbrake cable lets take you to the garage.
    So as i folloewd your member of team to the garage, i hadnt a clue where to go as i was on unknown territory he failed to use his indicators numerous of times. This maybe just a bad habbit but i was not impressed.
    We arrived at the garage where the peorson in charge wanted to charge me 84 for one handbrake cable fitted. i said i wasnt willing to pay that price as i new i was being ripped off.
    I then drove back to where we were staying and as i was driving i could hear something catching on my tyre.
    so as i got back i got my fold up jack out of the boot, took the wheel off and i then could see it was the short handbrake cable that was broken. I am no mechanic but i no my way around a car. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.
    I then checked the long cables and they where fine!!
    I then phoned back Rac and a young woman answerd who was really helpfull and i requested a different person to come oput to give it a second oppinion.
    The second member of your team arrived shortly after i came off the phone and said streight away you pay for the parts and we will pay labour.he didnt even look at the car at this point.
    I was happy with this but wonderd why he was so quick to say this without checking the car first.
    He said lets put the tyre back on and get you to the garage, i asked how much it would cost and he said 23.
    As he tryed to put my wheel on he started to shout and swear because he couldnt get it to go back on. as he was trying to get it on he knocked the cap covering the rear hub nut out and he said where is this from? EVEN I KNEW WHERE IT WAS FROM! HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS SPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT CARS!!!
    He still could not get the wheel on in the end up he asked me to help him, it then turned into me getting filthy on the floor putting the wheel back on.
    Yes i put the wheel on myself becuse your team where unable to do so!
    i then followed your team member to the garage which took us a complete different longer way to the garage but at least this one used his indicators.
    i got to the garage and had my cable replaced and the guy charged me 30 i was happy with this but then agen it was not the 23 as stated!
    Why did i recive such poor service? its my first time with rac and this bad exeriance has put me off.
    Why couldnt your team put on a simple wheel? Myself and then garage had no problem putting it on.

I have tried using the compaints pages but both keep failing.

Hope to hear from you RAC!

Thanks for your post. Sorry that you are dissatisfied with elements of the service provided. We will look into the matter and respond to you ASAP.
    Angela

Thank's Angela, hope to hear from you soon.

Angela have i been forgotten? Have you looked into the case? Or am i going to get poor service again?

Sorry for length of time our investigation is taking, we usually ask for 10 working days. Which takes us up to Friday 1 Nov.
    I will of course respond before then if possible.
    Angela

Thankyou Angela hope to hear from you soon.