Thread: First time buyer. Advice very welcome!

Unhappy First time buyer. Advice very welcome!

I recently passed my driving test (2nd time) and am now looking for my first car. I have seen a few that are 1.4l engines, however I learnt in a 1.2l. Would anyone suggest sticking with the smaller engine that I learnt in whilst I am still a new driver or would anyone think that the difference in engine size will not affect my new driving experience? Any advice is warmly welcomed as I am incredibly eager to get my first car. Thanks.

Welcome to the site Likris, there isn't that much difference in power really, as even a modern 1 ltr engine can cruise at motorway speeds as well as being nippy in town driving.

No matter what engine size car you buy, it wont take long to get used it, all you need is more practise, good luck.

I would have a look at Parker's and Honest John's website. They will give you an idea of what to expect with a used car, and also give you some idea of what the insurance will cost.

Do you want to buy brand new or used?

I would go more on how much more the insurance would be for a 1.4L to a 1.2L, as that will be a big factor, been able to afford that.
    As like it's been said before in this thread the power isn't that much more and you will soon get used to it.