Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've own a car for 36 days and I'n having several problems....

This was the report from the last inspection, on the top of that there was already a problem with the steering angle sensor and the AC is not working....

" investigate oil leak from engine????
    Carried out visual checks, found rocker cover gasket leaking.
    -Removed associatedparts to gain access to the the replacemnt of rocker cover gasket. Found rocker cover craked and leaking.
    Further investigation found cylinder number 1 injevtor leaking.
    Requires further investigation.
    Investigatereverse lightsnot working
    Checked bulbs, -all ok.
    Tested reverse light switch-working ok at the time of the test.
    Possible wiringfault, requiresfurther investigation."
    Last edited by SergioMC; 12-09-13 at 21:25.

Quote......"No the dealer told me that it was with the DVLA."

That alone would have me walking away from any deal?

A typical scenario, I was looking to buy a car recently, saw one on Ebay, went to see it, when I asked to see service records, he says, "no one bothers with them any more, as they are too easy to fake?" the only paper work he had for it, was an MOT cert.?

So I was gone in seconds, then a few days later, I bought another car, (with the V5 and all other service records.

It might have helped if you had been more clear at the start.

From what you say you have been taken for a ride and you are now embroiled in a dispute with the dealer. You still must give them a chance to do the repairs, and only if they fail, can you take it further. At that point you will ask for a refund and they will refuse. You can then go to trading standards and do whatever you can to extract something from this mess.

In future, when you buy a car, you will pay more attention to the details, and not be blinded by a salesman's patter, a shiny BMW and an unbelievably low price.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    It might have helped if you had been more clear at the start.

From what you say you have been taken for a ride and you are now embroiled in a dispute with the dealer. You still must give them a chance to do the repairs, and only if they fail, can you take it further. At that point you will ask for a refund and they will refuse. You can then go to trading standards and do whatever you can to extract something from this mess.

In future, when you buy a car, you will pay more attention to the details, and not be blinded by a salesman's patter, a shiny BMW and an unbelievably low price.
    It was my first time buying a car in UK, and I have to admit that I was quite naive when I bought it.... Although I do still have my rights and judging by his (dealer) speech today I believe I can get a refund...

I will be meeting with him on Saturday and I'm hoping to get this sorted. I will insist that I want a refund, it doesn't need to be a full refund but at least 90% from what I paid.

Any advices on how should I approach him?

Once again thanks for all your replies

Quote Originally Posted by SergioMC View Post
    No the dealer told me that it was with the DVLA.
    He had to fill a V62 asking for a new one in my name. That's why I was not aware that the car had a write off...

I believe that you have grounds to reject the car on the grounds that the dealer or seller was not honest about the V5.

See a solicitor or trading standards dept of your council.

Or ask the police to examine the car.

You might find this site useful to you, good luck.

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights