Thread: No reply from complaint..

Default No reply from complaint..

I saw that somebody had some success doing it on here, because I have tried numerous ways to contact the RAC regarding the recovery service.

I called RAC for breakdown recovery of my motorcycle on the 7th July around 5pm.
    I had to go to hospital, RAC said within one hour, I had to pay around 187 up front.
    I had two friends wait, to be told it would be delayed, they waited two hours and then eventually were told it wasn't coming.

The next day I arrived home from hospital with no delivery as of yet. I called up again, they said it was Celtic doing the delivery. I said I wanted my bike delivered it was meant to be an hour. I was told to wait in all day, which I did, for two days and it STILL wasn't delivered.

I wrote to RAC an email of complaint on the 9th of July, asking for a refund and for my bike to be delivered.

When contacting Celtic they originally told me they DID NOT have my bike. After further investigation I finally got told it was in a depot and wasn't out for delivery. They then tried telling me my bike could of been scooped up with a shovel and was in pieces, to try and get me to let them keep it. The bike was NOT in this state and I demanded it back. I FINALLY got my bike delivered on the 13th July after missing 2 days work and a lot of stress and running around.

I received an email confirming I would receive a response within 10 working days after a full investigation on the 17th July. So by the 29th I should of had a response. It is now the 10th August.

I am losing money on the bike, on the damage, I need every penny I can get.

I have been promised a reply, not recieved one and am still left wondering whether to ever expect one, it's such bad service.

Thanks

Ryan Collins

hi collins ,

ring the citizens advice bureau they will help you. the rac are very slow at responding with problems was 21 days before i had my answer , try ringing them if thats no good you can send them a letter recorded delivery detailing of further action that your going to take. i have just done that im going to take them to court the way its going. Tom

Try this link Collins, there might be something in there that could help you, good luck.
    https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

Thanks alot guys , emailed the ombudsman , will look into these other options further

Colinscardiff
    I am sorry if you have yet to receive a response from our Breakdown Customer Care team. You state that you have received an email confirming receipt of your concerns but nothing further. Whilst I appreciate that you should not have to chase a reply, you do not state if you have tried sending a further email or calling them for an update? I have been unable to find a record of our attendance from the address you have logged into this site. Would it be possible for you to email me your membership number, the registration number of the vehicle that broke down and the date of attendance plse. (Ops@rac.co.uk). Upon receipt of this information I will be able to trace our records and ensure that a response is sent to you if we havent already done so.
    Angela

Colinscardiff
    Thank you for your email. I have now been able to trace our records and understand that you are not a member of RAC, but you paid us to recover your bike following an accident. Our records show that we sent an acknowledgement letter to you on 17 July to confirm receipt of your concerns. On 30 July we sent a letter to apologise for the length of time our investigation was taking and on 7 Aug we sent our final decision to you. I will ask my colleague to send a copy of his letter to your email address just incase this has been mis-laid in the post.
    Angela