Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful misguided service by un-caring, script reading, money grabbers!

im onto the including weekend witch they dont work for some reason is 11 days, were i have had to ring them every time all ive had is one email never been called once i dont think, even today rang 3 times and emailed them its a joke might have to take a drive on monday and sit in the building if i dont get a reply

Quote Originally Posted by why_did_i_renew View Post
    Yea I wish now i had of just gone with being taken home rather than accepting the promise of fix option definitely wouldn't advise anyone else on anything else other than home recovery after the bill i have been lumped with on this one!
    Stil yet to hear anything of acknowledgement from RAC of my complaint yet a 7 days on from when i submitted it! Looks like im going to have to take to constant phonecalls before anything gets done with this one.

Sounds like a nightmare similar to ours, we were away and expected the car to be repaired as we only had a stuck thermostat and it was supposed to be a quick repair! instead the RAC failed us ........ they didn't transport the vehicle to the garage (as in the small print) they had my daughter drive it there and that caused the engine to overheat to the extent that it blew the head gasket, the tests done on site all showed the head gasket was fine before the 6 mile journey to the garage with the thermostat stuck closed. We were away without our husbands for a weekend and ended up stuck with two babies and no transport ...... we had to get ourselves home and travel just over 100 miles to collect the car 3 weeks later when it had been stripped down and repaired.

I am insured through "Swinton" and they also have a linked "breakdown" scheme which costs me about £6.00 per month. I have had excellent service with breakdowns from them.

im not sure how they cant see that there in the wrong, its a joke were put out by it all and made to feel like were in the wrong

Finally had a call back from the RAC only 21 days later..... To tell me that (As i would guess) the decisions to go to a garage for a promised fix was my decision so i'm not entitled to any form of refund. Even trying to argue with them is impossible as all they do is read from a script and turn everything into an offence upon yourself to blame everything and everyone apart from their mistakes and downright shoddy service!
    Not even once is an apology made and wouldn't even touch the subject of why RAC had overcharged +£300 for the recovery of my vehicle on top of what the company who brought me back would of charged me if i went to them directly!! Nothing more than a bunch of thieves!
    On the plus side i referred my story to national newspaper & BBC Watchdog and the watchdog have responded to me and are very interested in my story due to a high number of complaints they have received about RAC's lack of service! Happy days good bit of extremely public RAC bad press they deserve!
    Next step is financial ombudsman to see if they can help me out if not it will be legal action!
    Little tip is you can represent yourself (costs nothing) and RAC have to send legal representatives (costs a lot) so at least i can drag some money out of their company like they have done to my wallet

Good man - don't give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Good man - don't give up.
    cheers mate! I wont be giving up on this one will try to drag their name through every spec of dirt in public and the courts as possible its only going to waste their money not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by why_did_i_renew View Post
    cheers mate! I wont be giving up on this one will try to drag their name through every spec of dirt in public and the courts as possible its only going to waste their money not mine!
    keep going and keep us informed as im going through a similar thing im on 24 days now aint had a response yet !

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has been ripped off by this company.

Here's what they did to me:

I was on holiday in UK, 100 miles from home, walking back to my car and all of a sudden I realised I had lost my car keys!!! Obviously I panicked, frantically looked around everywhere I had been that day to try and find them - no joy. Phoned RAC as a last resort and they said they could send someone out to get the car towed home but that it was a non-mechanical breakdown, not included in my policy and therefore would be £297. I agreed and proceeded to make a debit card payment over the phone and was told that it would be approx. 3 hours before anyone could get to me as they were extremely busy. Roughly 15 minutes after the call to the RAC and having checked one last place I actually found the keys!!! I rang the RAC straight back to cancel the call out only to be told that my money was non-refundable!!!! I am absolutely furious - I have effectively paid for a service that I have not received! After driving back home myself I sent a letter to the RAC about my concerns over the situation. The letter was sent two weeks ago and I have had no response from them. I have also called their Customer Care number and have not had any sort of sensible or conclusive response from them either - this company's customer service is a complete joke!!! I too will be considering speaking to the national press, BBC Watchdog and Trading Standards about this because I don't think it's fair for customers to be treated this way.
    Last edited by boyce857; 22-07-13 at 19:25. Reason: missing word

Wow i thought i had a raw deal! Considering you payed via debit card over the phone your money would of taken upto 24 hours to clear your bank account so how that payment is non-refundable? on cancelling a call out straightaway is beyond belief!
    Obviously another case of RAC thievery exploiting desperate people for money then once they've got the money they couldn't care less about your situation or any level of customer service.
    Definitely send your story to BBC Watchdog is an easy form to fill out through their website and i had a response so hopefully it looks like they might be compiling a investigation into RAC's *cough cough* services.
    Best of luck with the press and trading standards refer your case to financial ombudsman as well, they should be able to help you also!