Thread: Ford Focus under 2k

Default Ford Focus under 2k

Hi guys

I'm looking to buy a used Ford Focus and my budget is approx. 2000. I've seen a few here: http://www.desperateseller.co.uk/car...ale/ford/focus which look quite good value. However, what I really want is a diesel version but it appears they carry a premium price. Is It worth paying over my budget for a diesel model or should I go for the cheaper petrol version? Any help would be fully appreciated.

Best regards

MH

What is it about a Focus that makes you want to "focus" on that make and model? What is your annual mileage? and how many passengers will you usually carry?

Get a mondeo mk3 tdci. Best car for money. Better than focus in every way

Aye! I've seen a lot of cars like them for sale on Gu*****, well worth having a look on there, as you can get some really good bargains.

Because you are buying direct from the private seller, you don't have to pay out on a dealers mark up.

I recently bought a lovely 2.Ltr Mazda on there for less that 1500.

If you have not already done so, I would take one for a test drive. Try the petrol and the diesel as there are subtle differences and you may find that one suits you better than the other.

Excellent - thanks for all your advice

I think the best thing is to simply test drive them both and follow my instinct.

Regards

MH

Hi, I know this is an old post but just thought someone else might benefit.

Over the years I've a 1.6 petrol zetec on a W plate, not bad on fuel bit under powered tho i thought, handled like a dream, stearing was light and gears was smooth really nice and easy to change gear.

Then I got a a 2ltr Ghai also petrol. This was alot quicker at 120bhp but more refined, the suspension was a lot softer more of a comfotble ride and averging was 32mpg with hardly no long trips, some times would be under 30mpg no very good at all.

3 weeks ago I got 2002 1.8TDCI zetec with 82k for 1210 and wish i got one years ago. Not bad on power and more importantly for me avg 51mpg combined. Last week i thought id sit at 5mph under every speed limit and got 57mpg, very happy!

Hope this helps some one

Chev