Thread: RAC Customer Care - Damage to Vehicle

Default RAC Customer Care - Damage to Vehicle

I have been pursuing a claim with the Customer Care Team for damage caused to my vehicle by the RAC, but seem to be getting nowhere. The initial response from RAC was littered with inaccuracies and errors of the events. I wrote to them again pointing out the inaccuracies. I received a further response, but this completely ignored the errors in their previous letter. The response provided further excuses not to pay out by giving opinions that the damage 'looks' pre-existing (determined from a photograph).

I'm getting frustrated that they seem to be searching for excuses without addresssing the facts. Is there anywhere within the RAC this can be escalated to as I don't feel the Customer 'Care' Team are listening?
    Last edited by aw1982; 26-04-13 at 11:11.

Try Dom Littlewood at the BBC "Don't get done, get Dom". He loves things like this.

Hi I know how you feel I have got no where either with the RAC it seems that they do not like taking responsibility for either their staff or their sub contractors and it is frustrating going to a television program is an option and one I had not thought of with my dispute but another option and this advice came from a solicitor is firstly write a letter of complaint to the RAC keeping a copy for yourself including copies of any reports and invoices from garages that you have dealt with for this matter allow one month for them to reply and then a reasonable amount of time for them to investigate usually when replying to your letter they will give some idea of how long it takes to investigate if you still get no where with them then your options are either go to the small claims court which will cost you a one off fee and you will find the staff at the court usually very helpful or instruct a solicitor to act for you and this option could cost you as much as a 100.00 for the first letter and then any thing up to 150.00 per hour after that depending on individual solicitors good luck mines ongoing

Pedestrian
    I have asked the site administrator for your log in details in order that my colleagues in our Customer Care department may be able to trace your existing file. I will ask them to contact you with an update on our progress in due course.
    Angela

the have pre scripted bull every one i spoke to said the same thing hows the claim going

Quote Originally Posted by aw1982 View Post
    I have been pursuing a claim with the Customer Care Team for damage caused to my vehicle by the RAC, but seem to be getting nowhere. The initial response from RAC was littered with inaccuracies and errors of the events. I wrote to them again pointing out the inaccuracies. I received a further response, but this completely ignored the errors in their previous letter. The response provided further excuses not to pay out by giving opinions that the damage 'looks' pre-existing (determined from a photograph).

I'm getting frustrated that they seem to be searching for excuses without addresssing the facts. Is there anywhere within the RAC this can be escalated to as I don't feel the Customer 'Care' Team are listening?

I understand that our Breakdown Customer Care team respodned on 29 April.
    Angela

Default RAC Damaged my CAR- customer care team

Same here Very appalled by the RAC Customer Care Team and the way they handled by Complain.

One of the RAC drivers towed my car from one garage to another for repair, during this move he damaged my car on the wing, It's a massive crack by the passenger side.. I have contacted RAC straight away to make a complain, few weeks later I received a letter from RAC denying any wrong doing and refusing to take any responsibility nor compensate.

I wrote to them again explaining the event and what has happened exactly. One week later I received a call from one of the RAC customer team, I was actually SHOCKED and SPEECHLESS with way she spoke to me. She tried to put the finger on the other garage and she's wasn't LISTENING nor INTERESTED to what I had to say.. SHAME

Honestly I do not want to deal with RAC anymore. Enough

guernis
    I understand that my colleague spoke with you about the matter on 20 Feb, I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with her findings.
    In light of your post, I have asked a senior colleague to review the file, he will respond to you with his findings as quickly as he can.
    Thank you
    Angela