Thread: Rust above driver position where windscreen meets roof on the Aygo

Angry Rust above driver position where windscreen meets roof on the Aygo

My just 3 year old Aygo has started to rust on the roof above the drivers position where screen meets roof. I have been told by Toyota it is a stone chip even though when I reported it there was no break in the paint only a bubble. I have seen posts on the Toyota members website complaining of the same thing but they seem to be on older models.I puchased my Aygo in 2012 reportedly as a brand new car.They could not deliver on the date agreed as they needed to do a modification. I am begining to wonder if the car was not as new as I was lead to believe. Can anyone advise me how to find out when the car was actually made. As an RAC member for 40 years I have never owned any car that has rusted at this point. Please any info would be helpful.

Welcome to the site FD, some imported cars spend some time in open outside storage, where they wait there for shipping?They just told you it was a stone chip, in case you put in a claim against the paint warranty, in fact most car companies will go some length to avoid paying out on such claim.Take some close up photos of it, along with a "long shot" to show where about on the car the problem area is, and send that to the companies head quarters, good luck.