Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In Car Camera

Not so sure about that Bowman. When I was biking I honestly lost count of the times I fell foul of the SMIDSY brigade. Some of them should never have been allowed to get behind the wheel.

Quite agree. Mind you, external cameras wouldn't have been much help to a young biker lad from my village a few years back. He was a fatal victim when a tractor of all things pulled out of a side lane. Don't know if he was "overcooking" his bike, but even so, the tractor driver couldn't have seen him and the vehicle being a tractor, it was unlikely he heard the lad coming. So sad, both for the lad's family and of course the tractor driver.

Quote........."I fell foul of the SMIDSY brigade."

Did anyone see that clip on Top Gear where they showed a clip made for car drivers to be more aware of bikers? It was really good and involved a tank rolling over some cars.

Nope, didn't see that. Actually have not watched Top Gear for ages now. May and Hammond are OK, but Clarkson begins to grate on my nerves with his extremist views.

Thumbs up

Hi all , I was struggling choosing the right vehicle camera solution. I found Exeros Technologies www.exeros-technologies.com had the best range compared to other suppliers in the market and thier Akenori was the one i went for. all other cameras had HD/GPS/Gforce as does the Akenori but the Akenori also has lane departure warning as well as forward collision warning bringing and speed camera detection (which is a free lifetime updated service) bringing their cameras more in line with the high end vehicle systems being released by manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo etc.

I recommend it highly and the features work extremely well without being distracting when driving.

forgot to add this was the video i saw that made me buy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hga-bf1Bb2M

this is also a funny one for the forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmEj...nal6lG4DPc17Xw

Sarah.
    Last edited by driver_uk; 05-12-13 at 16:39.

Not sure if this is true, but I read on the Internet that these "dash cameras" are compulsory on all government cars in America, as it saved them a lot of money in insurance disputes, and caught out drivers who were breaking the rules regarding the use of those cars?

Default thinking of getting one

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Not sure if this is true, but I read on the Internet that these "dash cameras" are compulsory on all government cars in America, as it saved them a lot of money in insurance disputes, and caught out drivers who were breaking the rules regarding the use of those cars?
    Hi i've just signed up for this it sounds really exciting but i've never done one before,
    i think i may get a camera to record the trip anyone got any advice to share?
    or has anyone done one of these before. http://www.banger-rally.co.uk/

Hi i've just signed up for this it sounds really exciting but i've never done one before,
    i think i may get a camera to record the trip anyone got any advice to share?
    or has anyone done one of these before. http://www.banger-rally.co.uk/