Thread: Hyundai i800

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyB1972 View Post
    Everything was done accordingly, engine flushed new oils filters, there is a problem with these engines! Ideal engines was quoted as saying yeah the cranks all snap!! Researching further the newest model I800 comes now in an auto and manual however the manual has had its bhp reduced from 170 to 134!!! WHY????? The Autobox still comes with 170 BHP!!!!!!??? WHY.
    There has recently been 2 I800's on ebay one done 60k on a 12 plate with a seized engine....!!! and a 60 plate done 12k with a seized engine!! Why are these not under warranty 5 years 100k.....!!!? Something doesnt stack up here!!
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
    My 2008 i800 is the 168bhp manual model, with 68k miles on it and a FHSH. Recently it blew the intercooler outlet hose off, then the turbo control solenoid had to be replaced, then a crack was discovered on the rocker cover, resulting in an oil leak. Two seperate leaks were found at the bottom corners of the (bowed) intercooler. The rocker cover and intercooler were replaced, but then this.....
    the vehicle was not running smoothly, like it had a puncture or the handbrake was partially on. It began to lose power and I pulled over.
    One of the injectors had exploded out of the engine, oil everywhere over the engine bay and running out underneath. Whatever happened internally, the pressure was enough to push the oil dipstick up 4 inches.
    It's now back with Hyundai and I'm waiting to hear back what they are proposing.
    I love my i800 and have looked after it like no-one else I know. In fact I'm actually ridiculed by family and friends for doing so.
    I'm gutted!
    Last edited by D-FENS; 28-09-13 at 16:45.