Thread: Engine Malfunction

Default Engine Malfunction

Hi guys
    I have a diesel ford focus tdci 2008, I've noticed when I drive long distances, (Northampton, Slough, London, for example) it comes up with a noise and the 'engine malfunction, sign comes up. I usually pull over and turn the engine off and then start it back up again a lnd it drives fine..But why is this happening?
    I also notice when I drive long distances Il be smooth cruising and them might get a slight judder,when I feel that, then I know that stupid light is going to come on...any help would be greatly appreciated
    TIA

Wrong section, this is car reviews!

Have you asked your Ford Dealer what it means?

Great advice again! Do Ford dealers give out free diagnosises then Dennis?

Cool

Is the car due for a service?

Warning lights are there for a reason, you need to read the drivers handbook and probably take it to a Ford dealer.
    Last edited by Dennis W; 28-08-15 at 21:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Great advice again! Do Ford dealers give out free diagnosises then Dennis?
    Ha ha. Of course they do(n't!) That's how they make lots of money, working for free. Dennis doesn't actually ever read comments like ours, he just blunders on.
    Doubt the original poster will bother responding and anyone driving a modern car who doesn't know what the engine management light is for, deserves all they get. They have only been on all cars since 1994 after all....

I think you should go to gara to check the status of car engine. It is very hard to guest the problem with your describe