Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Broken lock nut on wheel changeover

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    the moral of this story is "Try to avoid having locking wheel nuts"
    You must be on some kind of drug to keep coming up with all this nonsense. Its just never ending at the moment.

Imagine the scene. Owner takes advice from Dennis. Throws locking wheel nuts away. Next day, car is on bricks. Nice expensive alloy wheels and tyres gone. Phone insurance. Tell them you listened to silly Dennis on the RAC forum. In that case, sir, we will not pay out as you have breached the terms of your insurance with us. Very angry owner finds silly Dennis and does us all a favour......

The real moral is to ignore your silly comments as usual.
    Last edited by Hometune; 26-04-13 at 17:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    You must be on some kind of drug to keep coming up with all this nonsense. Its just never ending at the moment.

Imagine the scene. Owner takes advice from Dennis. Throws locking wheel nuts away. Next day, car is on bricks. Nice expensive alloy wheels and tyres gone. Phone insurance. Tell them you listened to silly Dennis on the RAC forum. In that case, sir, we will not pay out as you have breached the terms of your insurance with us. Very angry owner finds silly Dennis and does us all a favour......

The real moral is to ignore your silly comments as usual.
    Tell me how the person has actually breached the terms of their insurance, please?

The original spec of a vehicle with alloy wheels usually includes locking wheel nuts as part of the security package. The insurers will ask what vehicle you wish to insure, the usual response is, a make, model, year, colour, engine, the quote is then based on the manufacturers specification for that vehicle. As Hometune explained, without the locking wheel nuts theft of the wheels is easier. I am sure if you were the insurer you would not payout on stolen wheels if the car was not as per specification.

I hope that helps, Dennis W.

Hi, I just posted on a similar query. Take a look at www.lockingwheelnutsremoved.com , they got them off my V70, 50 four the four and they guarantee success.