Thread: Forum - Unable to change Profile etc

Default Forum - Unable to change Profile etc

While looking at my profile on here, I thought I might make some additions to it. However it is not permitted to change your settings or the profile.
    Why?

Why has this been posted twice?

On some forums users can change their user names, which can be extremey confusing.

I think this was mentioned a while ago and we were told that it was for security reasons, and to stop Spam from being posted.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    I think this was mentioned a while ago and we were told that it was for security reasons, and to stop Spam from being posted.
    Judging by the amount of spam on here in the last 48 hours, I am not so sure that is correct. Almost every topic was spammed today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    Judging by the amount of spam on here in the last 48 hours, I am not so sure that is correct. Almost every topic was spammed today.
    Unfortunately there's no solution to this beyond moderating every post before it appears. For reference - in the last hour, spammers tried to register 33 accounts and were blocked. That's not at all unrepresentative of the situation 24/7 here.

For the spam you do see, there's a magnitude more that we stop before it gets posted.

Quote.........." beyond moderating every post before it appears."

Aye! Mike, that was tried on that site where I am one of the moderators, it didn't work, as folk were complaining that their posts were not being posted fast enough?
    It really slowed the site right down, and a few folk left altogether?