Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Unfairly failed driving test

Posted without me pressing anything :/

.....because i was over cautious, i clicked literally just before the hazard on a couple of the clips

Aye! That was the exact same as what happened to me in my first driving test. It was back in the 70s and we were only a few yards from the testing centre, on the way back from the test.....................I stopped to let a young woman, who had two toddlers hanging onto the frame of a push chair, which had a baby in it, and the buggy was loaded with shopping bags?..................................Anyway, he failed me for doing that, I lost my temper with him, which got me banned from that testing centre for life!

these examiners are scum. I am sure nobody is a very dangerous driver if they're doing a test. Just look at the roads at how **** the drivers are, these examiners just take the ****. Anybody who defends these examiners are scum also. A practical test doesn't even demonstrate a persons driving ability.

I think the driving test needs to be revised for modern traffic conditions.

Young people currently learning to drive are taught the wrong message about "making progress" and not given sufficient
    advice about courtesy and consideration, in my opinion.

Quote........."A practical test doesn't even demonstrate a persons driving ability."................... Can't agree with you on that one, in my experience sitting in a car watching someone drive gives you everything you need to know about their driving skills....................That's why the advanced test lasts for two hours, in fact, I think the basic test doesn't last long enough, there should be more practical driving and less theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    I think the driving test needs to be revised for modern traffic conditions.

Young people currently learning to drive are taught the wrong message about "making progress" and not given sufficient
    advice about courtesy and consideration, in my opinion.
    Interesting views Dennis.

What experience do you have of modern driving lessons and tests?

Actually hes right with regards to the teaching, most instructors teach their students to pass the test, not to actually drive. I was fortunate enough to have one that taught me to drive.
    I dont think test centres should have set routes, it should be spontaneous so learners can't just learn the routes and know what to do in advance.

If the examiner was left to pick a route, then people would complain that they had a more difficult rout than someone else. Routes are chosen to ensure, as far as possible, that all the different types of traffic and roads are encountered.

Driving schools are supposed tou keep clear of the test routes as far as they can, and I believe that the reputable ones will do that.

But you aren't only going to do easy routes when driving. At the minute they do manouvre or 70 road at our test centre, none of the routes contain both. A test should have a bit of everything.

Its never going to be fair as time of day changes these factors aswell, i had my test at 8am on a saturday, the roads were really calm, but then someone who has a 4pm test is going to encounter heavy traffic.

As long as they include a bit of everything then everyone gets the same

Quote......."I am sure nobody is a very dangerous driver" ......................................The jury is out on that one, I've seen some right nutters behind the wheel, so bad that I've wondered just the hell did that pass a driving test?😟