Thread: Car missfired.. Diognostic light came on now feels gutless??

Default Car missfired.. Diognostic light came on now feels gutless??

Morning All

Apologies for not using the correct terminology but im not good with cars at all!
    I drive a Vauxhall Corsa CDTI 2010 - When I started the engine this morning it showed the fuel at full - when infact I had already used a quarter - I thought at the time - fantastic - but as I put my foot down to over take the car jumped and the diagnostic light came on and now the car feels like it has hardly any power - it still goes up the gears and in 5th and 6th I still get to 70mph but feels like its gutless!!!

I know this sounds really vague but cant take it to a Vauxhall garage as they recently closed the two in my area - nearest one is 37 miles away and bit worried I could breakdown on route!!!

any advise or help would be grateful

Unfortunately as it is still under warranty most good garages will not touch the car. The problem may be expensive so while the drive may be a long one, it will be cheaper in the end. Perhaps you can phone the nearest dealer and ask them to recover it, telling them it wont go. A little lie but the problem is their's while its under warranty.
    The fault could be one of many things from a failed turbo to a blocked particulate filter. These are both very expensive units to replace.

Assuming you are an RAC member then drive it to the dealer but allow enough time to get recovered there if it does break down.