Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Focus misfire - faulty wiring into coil

Similar recurring problem, fault eventually found to be a damaged connector to the coil pack ( a small plastic 3 pin plug which connects to the side of the coil pack). According to my local main Ford dealer, the plug itself is not available as a serviceable part and the only way to get one is to buy a complete engine bay wiring loom at approx 300-400. Have tried several breakers without success and at a loss as to where to look next. Any ideas anybody?

There are 2 types depending on the age of the engine.

Found this for you: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-EDIS-...-/380463194727

Have a look at yours and see if it looks the same one. Some Fiestas use the newer one too.

If not there are more on Ebay in the same section going cheap!
    Last edited by Hometune; 20-01-14 at 09:02.

I have a 2007 Ford Focus 1.6 VCT. It has been problematic with the coil pack connector for a couple of years now and I too have been searching for replacement connector as Ford stated you had to purchase part of the loom as well. I have just found a company that sells them SIMTEK Motorsport electrical. 13.26 after PP & VAT. (Ford 3 way sensor connector). They seem to stock a wide variety of connectors for all makes of vehicles. Hope this of some help.

Thanks Harky, will give them a try.

Looks like I wasted my time looking them up then. Ah well, never mind.

Chill out Hometune, the link you posted was not the same as the connector I need, seems like every year/model is fitted with a different connector which would suggest Ford knew they had a problem. Belated thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbouquet View Post
    Chill out Hometune,
    Never mind chill out. I give up my time to help people on here and also went looking for your connector. A simple thanks would have sufficed. Far too many take free advice for granted on this site.

the link you posted was not the same as the connector I need,
    I did say it may not be your connector. I am not a mind reader and have no idea without seeing it. This is the earlier one but I did say there were others easily found on Ebay in the same section. Must have been too difficult for you to take a look then.

Hi

I had exactly the same problem with my 2005. I found this coil connector at simtec http://www.simtekuk.co.uk/product.ph.../?k=:::2776526 and for an extra 5 they connected 3 wires to it so I coud just solder the new one onto the loom. All in cost me 20. Lot cheaper than 600 for a full engine loom replacement.

Hope this helps

matt

Thanks everybody, I think the Simtek Co will be a great help to many Ford owners. I had a quick look on their website and it was looking promising but before I was able to contact them, I had to shoot down to Essex and while I was there, I popped into a local breakers and they had just taken in a Focus, same year as mine with a rear end shunt. To cut a long story short, I managed to get the connector I needed( with the wires still attached). Best 5.00 I've spent for a while. Having spent ages trawling websites, main dealers and local breakers, it seems every year/model Focus has a different shape plug. Several main dealers said they could only supply the part as part of the whole engine bay wiring loom which seems a bit of a p*** take.

Ps... Matt Scott.....that's the one.