Thread: clio wont turn over or anything

Default clio wont turn over or anything

i have a renault clio 16v 1.2 51 plate when i put my key in the ignition it turns all the lights off and the immobilliser goes off but then when i turn it more to start the enginge you hear absoultely nothing litterally ot even a ticking noise can anyone help please

With the key at the start position you need to check if there is 12v at the small wire on the starter motor.
    If there is then the starter motor has failed, the battery leads dont have good contact or the engine earth lead is broken.
    If there is not, then either a broken wire possibly in the fuse box, corrosion in the fuse box or a faulty ignition switch.

Surely the fuses should be checked first?

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Surely the fuses should be checked first?
    No, It is faster to check for 12 volts on the wire as the starter is right at the front with good access. The terminal on the starter does not have any real protection from the elements and they often corrode.

I have the same problem, but every now and again the car will start easily with no trouble. Could I have the same problem?

Already answered on another post and in this case, the immobiliser light goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    Already answered on another post and in this case, the immobiliser light goes out.
    HI sorry for the long reply computer been playin up it actually was tht lil wire that connects to the starter motor. when you take it off and check it with the meter its live but as soon as you put it back on the start motor its dead the garage made a by pass for me and the car has worked fine ever since thank you for all your help also