Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QUIZ: Name that classic car!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX._.GTi View Post
    Yes!
    ...perhaps you should do it more on the lines of ..."Is it a 1972 Ford Cortina or 1973 Ford Cortina?" Thus people would have to look really hard and decide from certain 'fitments' etc; e.g lets make it difficult and thus appeal to 'anoraks' like me!
    Maybe you want a guess the part?

I did a guess the car on another forum where I only posted a small, Distinctive area of a car. Such as a mk1 cortina rear light etc. It worked quite well.

Off topic, but I remember a collisiion back in the early '70s which I saw. There were four cars involved, and as they each drove to the side of the road, there was a fair amount of bits of chrome trim left in the road along with headlamp and tail lamp glass. Myself and another chap decided to clear the larger pieces of debris, and we both ended up with a few bits of chrome strip which seemed to be OK, so we went around the cars trying to determine which piece belonged to which car. The drivers involved in the collision dropped their arguments as to who was to blame and helped. A very useful 'game'.

Why would grouping cars together by country be any better? Also the Capri was marketed as the British Mustang. You're ignorance amused me. Smiley face.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX._.GTi View Post
    Yes!
    ...perhaps you should do it more on the lines of ..."Is it a 1972 Ford Cortina or 1973 Ford Cortina?" Thus people would have to look really hard and decide from certain 'fitments' etc; e.g lets make it difficult and thus appeal to 'anoraks' like me!
    well yes, didnt really study the pic's that close but the car shown must of been a gxl or gt, as the later 2000e had oblong headlights