Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mgb gt

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Well, if we are talking about Noddy cars,........when I was younger I had a Fiat Super-Mirrorferri (?spelling) and it was rubbish! (just like my spelling)

I owned it for 9 months, and it spent most of them in the garage being repaired under warranty
    ? it was a1.6 Twin Cam Engine
    What do you expect? It was a fiat!

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    I had a Triumph Spitfire with a soft top when I was a young man. (The Mk 1) Many fond memories of that car.
    When I passed my driving test a family friend offered me his Mk1 Spitfire for free but, I declined as it needed lots doing to it.

Quote....."What do you expect? It was a fiat!"

Aye! it was my first, and last one! ........................... (in my defence, I was young and stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Well, if we are talking about Noddy cars,.......
    And now you have the ULTIMATE noddy car.........

Quote..."And now you have the ULTIMATE noddy car........."

Aye! and I'm well chuffed with it. Now years ago, when I needed a big car, I had one, these days I need a really small one, and they don't come much smaller.

smudger;
    Well, if we are talking about Noddy cars,........when I was younger I had a Fiat Super-Mirrorferri (?spelling) and it was rubbish! (just like my spelling

I owned it for 9 months, and it spent most of them in the garage being repaired under warranty
    it was a1.6 Twin Cam Engine
    Wadda ya mean 'Noddy cars' or are you one of these 'boring motorists' who thinks cars are just a form of A to B travel ?

But you're not because you've owned a Fiat Super-Mirafiori ... now I am am drooling! ...was it the 131 'Racing' or even a 'Volumetrico Abarth'?

Lets have more cars like this on the forum and not 'boring people carriers' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX._.GTi View Post
    Wadda ya mean 'Noddy cars' or are you one of these 'boring motorists' who thinks cars are just a form of A to B travel ? .
    He's got a Smart car........

An Isetta has more legroom than his!

Aye! it was a special edition ex demonstrator, had around 900 miles on the clock when I bought it, and when it was working, it was a great car to drive, but it always had problems, and was in the garage more than it was on the road?

In the end I traded it in and got a 2Ltr Ford Cortina, which was pretty fast as well.