Thread: car pulls to one side

Default car pulls to one side

Hi, have got a mondeo 2.0l on a V plate. The car is pulling to the right, so i have had the tracking done, which has made it better, But there is still a slight problem with the way the car drives as the steering doesn't feel right. Could this be the subframe or is there another problem i could be looking at?? Any help greatly appreciated. thanks

Default car pulls to one side

have you had any gearbox or clutch work done recently because if it was not aligned when work done
    this came make the car pull to one side
    also check tyre pressures
    have you kerb the vehicle
    if you have uneven tyre wear or tyre pressures try this first
    check wear especially inner/outer edges check tread depth min 1.6mm
    you could also swap front to rear after checking conditions

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Hi, have got a mondeo 2.0l on a V plate. The car is pulling to the right, so i have had the tracking done, which has made it better, But there is still a slight problem with the way the car drives as the steering doesn't feel right. Could this be the subframe or is there another problem i could be looking at?? Any help greatly appreciated. thanks
    HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR LOWER ARM BUSHES? WHEN THE BUSHES ARE WORN THE LOWER ARM CAN MOVE CAUSING THE CAR TO PULL.

Default Car pulling to one side

I seem to remember an article on Watchdog BBC about Mondeos doing this.
    Try swopping the back wheels to the front and check that the tyre pressures are correct. Just as a thought is the road surface flat and not rutted by lorries as you see on motorways, giving you the train on tracks effect.